Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

First time bay area Audi buyer questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time bay area Audi buyer questions

Moving over from the Bimmer side here, interested in getting a Q5 Premium plus, 2.0T (Technology package)

I'm in the bay area and the largest dealer is Stevens Creek, they have over 90 Q5s. I'm not picky with colors (black/gray/dark blues) with black, which they have plenty.

My company seems to be in the audi supplier list (oracle), so 6% MSRP? Is this the max that I'm looking at for discount? Also there seems to be another 1K discount for current BMW owners. I'm not in a hurry at all, I just want to switch from sedan back to an SUV (really miss the convenience of that) and Q5 is nicer and cheaper than the X3.

Any pointers to get the best deal in the bay area would be greatly appreciated! (or dealer/sales recommendation) Thanks !!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try for end of the month when the sales people are trying to get their quotas or whaterver in.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

6% is not bad. If you can get 5% it is a good deal.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I highly recommend Cassandra at Audi Stevens Creek. You should be able to negotiate more than 6%.
You should reach out to the other Audi dealerships and get a quote for the model/options that you want. Then talk to Cassandra...
Old 01-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im in Boston and immediately got 10% off MSRP on a 2016 Q5. Also a former BMW owner.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 615 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokidachi
I highly recommend Cassandra at Audi Stevens Creek. You should be able to negotiate more than 6%.
You should reach out to the other Audi dealerships and get a quote for the model/options that you want. Then talk to Cassandra...
+1 Used Cassandra on my 2013 Q5 Hybrid Euro delivery. She was their web sales contact point when I first checked with them and was very upfront to deal with. Carlsen was playing games at the time when that was relatively new and harder to find. I caught the sales manager in a literal lie as to how Euro pricing and allocations work when he (amateurishly) tried to play price games; I knew because I saw the contradicting info on the salesman's own computer screen at one point. They lost the already written up sale over that. I like Rector where I normally go for service, but at the time they couldn't even get to the start line for reasons I still don't get.

If the car is on the lot, a lot more is negotiable. I get the pretty clear sense Carlsen (closest to me) just skims the well to do Peninsula market in many scenarios. And yes, Stevens Creek seems to have a lot of most Audis on the lot. I was there a couple months back simply to look at factory colors for a different model. Many many Q5's; frankly surprisingly many Q7's (that they sold through) for how old a platform that was getting to be. All of them will probably have inventory for a fairly basic/common spec Q5. From prior experience with other brands, some sales people will give you a phone price or at least tell you if they can beat someone else's if you have a specific spec against a car on their lot. The dealer web sites now make an inventory check a lot easier too.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-13-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

you should aim for > 10% off msrp. 6% msrp kinda seems like a default these days. every company seem to be on the audi supplier discount program.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I got the following deal, I am in bay area.

47500 OTD for a 2016 Q5 2.0T premium plus + tech pkg. (daytona gray pearl). No floor mats, cargo net or audi care. No frills.

What do you guys think of it ? Did anyone manage to negotiate for better deal around here.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

What year is your Bimmer? There is an acquisition fee as well you should look into.

While I'm positive Cassandra is great, I worked with Larry (Lawrence) there, whom I also highly recommend.

Definitely try to talk them down and then try and use the supplier code. It would just be the standard percentage off the top I'd think.

Good luck!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

myq516: So the price before tax was around 43K? I think that is a bit high?

eskewfive: My bimmer is 2014, what is an acquisition fee? I am having a massive headache figuring out how to sell my car. I'm tempted to trade it in knowing they will low ball, but i'm a girl and it makes me hurl thinking about putting an ad on craigslist.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of discount were you able to get from Larry?

Quick Reply: First time bay area Audi buyer questions