Car starts but dies if rev'd past 1500 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car starts but dies if rev'd past 1500 rpm

So my car will start up and then die immediatly after hitting 1500rpm. If I keep my foot on the gas around 1000 it runs just fine, if I let off after letting it run around 1000 it drops and barely wants to stay running. Sounded like someone else had this issue and it was a disconnected line from the turbo, I looked around a little but didn't see much, don't really know what I'm looking for tho.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dwightv
So my car will start up and then die immediatly after hitting 1500rpm. If I keep my foot on the gas around 1000 it runs just fine, if I let off after letting it run around 1000 it drops and barely wants to stay running. Sounded like someone else had this issue and it was a disconnected line from the turbo, I looked around a little but didn't see much, don't really know what I'm looking for tho.

Has anyone else had this issue?
I'm having similar issue I've searched from Crank position sensors to maf. The thing with mine is is started right after I had the car on an incline and had it jacked up and I had just changed my turbo gasket. I went to start it and it just fired and died immediately. I thought it was because gas was low but even after getting gas it still does it. I waited a couple hours and started it it runs but when I go to rev it, it dies immediately. If I unplug the maf it runs revs and everything but dies after a min or 2. If the maf is plugged up it starts runs then dies after a min or 2 even if gas isn't applied.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TheGripGambler
I'm having similar issue I've searched from Crank position sensors to maf. The thing with mine is is started right after I had the car on an incline and had it jacked up and I had just changed my turbo gasket. I went to start it and it just fired and died immediately. I thought it was because gas was low but even after getting gas it still does it. I waited a couple hours and started it it runs but when I go to rev it, it dies immediately. If I unplug the maf it runs revs and everything but dies after a min or 2. If the maf is plugged up it starts runs then dies after a min or 2 even if gas isn't applied.
Same issue here. Geting tired of this! I subscribe to this thread to be kept updated of the tips coming.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your idle actuator. its most likely connected to your throttle body or right next to it. I actually don't know if these cars even have one but based on your explanation that's what it sounds like...