Questions about the GT28RS kit from ATP

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about the GT28RS kit from ATP

I have been looking to upgrade my turbo for some time. Milling over which kit would be the best power vs. reliablility. I have looked at the APR stuff, the PES T28 kit, K04 upgrades, and now the GT28RS options. My question is for those of you that have the GT28RS. Aside from the Kit from ATP and the Fueling Package that they offer. Which i believe its $1595 for the Eliminator setup and another $795 for the fueling kit. Are there any other items or hardware that i will need to purchase to make this Kit complete? FMIC and Exaust are already figured in to my plan.. Im just not sure as far as engine stuff. Any feed back / horror stories, or useful input would be greatly appreciated..

Thank all in advance
Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what year is your car?

ATP will be the cheapest route, but depsning on the year of your car and which inlet plumbing you decide to go with, software/MAF combinations might lead you away from the Mika software or the Unitronics stuff.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: what year is your car?

My car is a 2002 A4 Quattro. I currently have the Neuspeed T.I.P. and Boosted teck C.A.I. And the Front mount i have been looking at is the one from Evoms.com. Thanks for you reply.. that is the kind of stuff im looking for. What did you all have to do to make this kit fit and work.. what parts did you have to modify and what parts did you use to make it all work. Thanks Ray Khan. Any other advise you have would be great!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you might want to ask around on audizine.com

a bunch of people have turbo kits there. For the momey, I would go with another intercooler. At least for the B5, the core isn't all that big. For the same money or less, you can get something better suited for a big turbo. I persoanlly liked the recetek one that supremepower parts sells. And the price is nice too. www.supremepower.com. You can get an adapter for the turbo inlet to run your neuspeed TIP. The thing is nice, but if you run that, then you need to run the stock diameter mass airflow housing. This is where you need to do your research and see which software seems to run well with the 2002's and if the people happy with the software have larger than stock MAF's. For the airflow of the GT28RS, it seems like it's best to have a larger diameter MAF. APR's kit is fantastic, but it's expensive. That's what you pay for to have every single nut and bolt and piece of plumbing that fits pretty well. Also, APR has good software and a custom 3" MAF.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: you might want to ask around on audizine.com

Thanks again.. the 2002 is a B6.. not much diff. im sure. I didnt figure having a huge core intercooler would make much of a diff. being that over half of it would be behind the bumper and receiving no direct air flow. I'll look at the one you recommended. I have looked at the APR kits.. $5k is a little more than i would like to spend on just the turbo set up. And i have heard many people complain about their software, so i was a little shy about them. I also looked at the PES T-28 kit.. which i have found for about $3,800. My budget is about $4k.. and i would like to be able to get an intercooler in that price. Dont see much of a point in doing Big turbo with factory turbo. Thanks again for you help.. i'll see if i can find anything else out. My skills at drudging the internet for stuff like this is pretty weak. Thanks again
Old 07-14-2006, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default One of the APR guys has a 2002 I believe

and he ran a 12.9@109 or something on pump gas. The software is pretty good in my opinion. But if you want to piece together a kit, just make sure you ask people with your year about how they like the software. It seems like the older stuff for the cable throttle B5 cars is the only thing keeping people happy for the most part. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A lot of B6 guys have had success with the GTRS plus REVO sw.

Like Ray said, check out the B6 forum on Audizine, a ton of those guys are running this kit.<ul><li><a href="http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&amp;p=504&amp;c=88">http ://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&amp;p=504&amp;c=88</a</li></ul>