TT will not start

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT will not start

Hello All. Pleae bear long post. Have had most of TT issues and repaired with help of forum and DIYs Including doing my own timing belt. My 2001 TT Q AMU engine with 220,000 all mine miles had Oil Pressure light after some body shop work on left fender. I added oil then later changed oil pump cleaned crank case oil return pipe after using engine flush from autozone. Afterward white exaust smoke after warm up and at stop lights and signs. No apparent change in power. Did all the things before deciding it was turbo. Drained intercoolers, changed spark plugs, also did valve cover gasket and that troublesome half moon tensioner plug because it was leaking for a long time. Cleaned and re oiled K&N flat filter. Still smoke.
Did compression test at Autozone using free tester to check for Head Gasket leak. Pressures all cylinders 105-110 PSI. Put every thing togheter drove one block started to sputter and skip then died and would not start. Added gasoline for possibility gauges was not working. Already had half of fuel gauge not working. No start. Code reader showed misfire cylinders 1, 3 and 4. I did coil pack wire harness from 034 motorsport as I had already patched harness. Still no start. Code reader now showed O2 sensor bank one no input. Changed it, no start. Cleaned MAF no start even with MAF not conected. I am stumped. Starter turns strong seems like no spark. Does smell lean. What should I check next. Fuel Pump, ECU? Igniters? Coilpacks? I was getting lights for ABS brake system in past and changed right front sensor with out help. No audi dealer in SE Texas. Local VW will not work on Audi. Anyone in area with VAg-com. Help!!! Thanks