Anyone know how to hot wire our cars...Don't have a key...just need to be able to restart...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to hot wire our cars...Don't have a key...just need to be able to restart...

The POS I bought now has no key...the one the seller was sopposed to send never showed. So I need to be able to start and stop the car...not worried about anyone stealing it. Just need to be able to start and stop it....

Screw driver down the ignition key slot?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Should I even ask?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Don't worry Johnathon...

Not what you think. I went out and got hammered one night and lost my keys in a Taxi. Hungover, I went back to my car in the A.M. No Pop-a-lock in my area, so I took matters in my own hands. In my foggy state, I had hoped I left the keys in the car. (not the case) With no tools, I proceded to rip off the taillight. Then reached in the trunk and opened it. Now armed with tools I elected to take the first way described. However, after a while of procrastination, the tab I used to turn it broke. And after more procrastination, I was using the switch. Well... Then that broke. And I used the wires. Needless to say, it was one expensive bender. Bottom line, get a spare key or let someone else drive. In any event, I think AlwaysAudi has had ample time and I have decided to delete the above for obvious reasons.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Anyone know how to hot wire our cars...Don't have a key...just need to be able to restart...

if it as imoblizer that wont work and you risk getting the steering weel jamed anyway...but if it doesn´t have immo you just take out the ignition switch and turn it with a screwdriver it works and stop.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Anyone know how to hot wire our cars...Don't have a key...just need to be able to restart...

If your car is equipt with a factory immobilizer,(Which I highly doubt) or you need to know how to tell. Send me a private E-mail and I'll explain how to bypass it, if it is so equipt. Sorry to those following this thread, but in good conscience, I won't post anymore info about this subject, I'm not gonna turn this forum in to a GTA clinic. Oh... and Johnathon, please don't ask how I know this one. lol
Old 11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks...I took the wheel off like I was going to change the Ignition...sure enough..

Fires right up with a screw driver in the switch. In the end I found a ignition switch replacement at Car parts for cheep, which is a little more practicle.

thanks for the advice
Aaron
Old 11-18-2007, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

that didn't lock your steering wheel?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I used an cheap switch from an internet store, it broke in a few months and it broke in a way that

was hard to figure out it was the switch that broke again.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the guy with the hot 50" tv and mance parts could probably hook that up forya!!!
Old 05-06-2020, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by chiitown
If your car is equipt with a factory immobilizer,(Which I highly doubt) or you need to know how to tell. Send me a private E-mail and I'll explain how to bypass it, if it is so equipt. Sorry to those following this thread, but in good conscience, I won't post anymore info about this subject, I'm not gonna turn this forum in to a GTA clinic. Oh... and Johnathon, please don't ask how I know this one. lol

My email is dustilynneadams@gmail.com can you please email me regarding this subject? I need help!

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to hot wire our cars...Don't have a key...just need to be able to restart...