Attn: VAPp

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True, but that requires extra effort/internet time, which I don't believe Mance is interested in.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You can bulk-upload to photobucket, which makes it faster

... than using the AW picture poster. Photobucket has now also a resizing option for images. You can generate links to each image, and you can copy the links for a number of images at the same time. It's very fast and convenient.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is all great. Now when I upload pics here no one has any excuse for not archiving them

I personally see no reason for archiving them twice, ie; once on my memory sticks then again somewhere else.

I'll conceive, design, machine, test and post a high-res pic as always. Then if someone's interested "they" can archive for future use. I find that more than fair and the way I've ALWAYS done it.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I didn't mean to imply...

that you should upload your pictures to a photobucket account. If you don't mind anyone taking your pictures and archiving them for general use, then that's indeed more than fair, not to say generous.

My main reasons for not using the AW picture poster are that hotlinking is verboten and the lack of allotted storage space.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default Its all good....

although when i am searching, and come across a tech article you wrote a few months ago...

Its sometimes hard to follow if the pictures are missing.

I am thankful for your knowlege and the 'archives' i just wish your pics could be part of the forum archives too...

~Mike.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default No, no no, I didnt mean it in a "bad" way. Just that I've ALWAYS encouraged others to do that...

all the regulars here know I've encouraged them to do that since day one. Since I've been at the 12V forum I have over 12GB on nothing BUT 12V-related pics. But sorting, identifying or being able to put my hands on something specific is still incredibly difficult. I mean just perusing 10+GB of pics is a DAUNTING task no matter how well-named something is/was. And then ya have the repetitive pics of things like TBs. Ever tried to find a "specific" TB picture when sorting thru over 4,200 throttle body pics spanning 8 one Gig memory sticks? There's simply not enough time in a day... NEVER will be enough time in a day!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default well, you might try letting those that have asked you what pics you're interested in...

have a shot at helping you. Others have been archiving my pics for YEARS!! I think I do enough without having to do it "ALL/MORE!" Most of the time I'm pedaling as fast as I can! But here you have "multiple" people asking you what pics you're interested in and you won't even reply to them? What's that about!?!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:48 PM

Default The great thing about forums is being able too search the archives and find what you're looking for.

Most people will agree that having to dig up the same information for new members every day gets old fast. If we all made is somebody else's responsibility to archive our old pictures there would be nothing on here at all.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default if that's how people feel then I'll stop posting pics altogether cuz I can't...

find the "spare time" to keep my own photos organized on the medium I store them. Let alone keep them here, there and everywhere for everyone else in the format of their individual choices.

It's incredulous to me hearing that and tantamount to, least in my case, saying "you don't do enough at this forum, you should do MORE!"
Old 04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm the official 12v picture archiver. Have been for some time. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: Attn: VAPp