for everyone who is running a cone..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for everyone who is running a cone..

Where did you find you MAF adapter? i bought the one off eBay a long time a go and it never fit right.. always lop sided and blocking off the full potential of my intake... i went back to stock air box with fram filter and some holes drilled in the bottoms and side.. it runs alot quieter kinda liked it but under full bore or any other it just doesn't compare.. seems like the car is gasping for air.. so i want to get an S&B huge filter and a nice fitting MAF adapter.. hit me with your replies.
thanks
dustin.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Make an O.D.-matched adapter by cutting a spare MAF in half.

And do some grinding/smoothing on the cut side.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

!!!!!you da man!1!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yup^^ or there is one that fits well for a Nissan, forget the part number but I think it is a

Vibrant brand
Old 09-23-2007, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default you could definately do as edigreg said (i never thought of that..good idea!).....

however I encountered the same problem as you. I bought an adapter from autozone and adapted it to fit the bolt holes on the MAF- and it was the most off-centered, horrible-flowing thing I have ever seen (theres no way I would have shown the outside of this thing to any of you guys, much less the abominable hack of an inside).Anyways, to solve my problem, I got some aluminum pipe of the same diameter and a scrap piece of plate aluminum and [since I havent welding skills as of yet] I had a shop make one for me.....at an outragious cost of course, but the thing lokks friggin sweet and flows amazing
Old 09-23-2007, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks for all the responses.. ill go look into that nissan one..because

i went outside to fit the cone onto the MAF and it doesn't fit because they are both 3in.. so the cone has to be a lil bigger.. so im just going to order a whole new nice filter.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You mean you cut a MAF? You need to grind it down some or just get a coupler.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ya, true it does look like i need to grind it down some.. but i could just,

get a 3.5" inlet cone for pretty cheap..and slap that on there.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default seems to me that wouldn't give you a nice tight fit at all- between the OD of the maf...

and the ID of the filter inlet. Your talking just under a half an inch!!! I dont know man, maybe I'm not picturing this right in my head, but It doesnt seem to be a good idea, especially since you now have a spare maf which is no good to you anyways-hehehe. right?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default WAIT!!! one second, Im actually confused after rereading this.......

WHERE?? are you going to "slap a 3.5" inlet cone on there"....without an adapter? were you going to somehow s...t..r..et...c..h the filter inlet over the huge-***, square end of the MAF with the bolt holes (for the stock air box....or.adapter)

The only side you could just put a filter on is the side that goes to the boot/throttle-body/manifold/etc.

explain please, cuz now my brain hurts

Quick Reply: for everyone who is running a cone..