I've created some confusion regarding the RXTB that needs to be clarified....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 05:32 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've created some confusion regarding the RXTB that needs to be clarified....

Due to the email I've gotten there obviously exists some confusion between what I dubbed my RXTB and the throttle body made using the 'special' throttle body core.

The throttle body made from the special TB core flows 707CFM. The one I made from a regular throttle body flows 794CFM. When/if I make a throttle body from the special core that matches the specs of the one on my car it's sure to get even more confusing. Most emails I'm getting stem from something I said in a post yesterday regarding I wouldn't be making the RXTB series available for sale to the public then mentioning Sean ordering one, wanting to know why some can get one and some cant. It's a fair question and my fault totally for allowing two entirely different throttle bodies to share the same designation. Hey, I got complacent, I'll fix it.

To that end here's what I've decided to call them to help eliminate some confusion.

RXTB: 794CFM
Is the heavily modified throttle body with the venturi dividing wall removed, butterfly shafts relieved and diffusers ground into it. All shaft screws ground flush with the shaft. This unit will not be offered for sale but can be duplicated with time, patience and use of a die grinder.

SXTB: 707CFM
A "special" throttle body core modified to standard XTB specs. This is the throttle body Sean ordered and is getting. Same work and price as an XTB but no core charges apply as you're purchasing the special core from a salvage yard then providing it to me for XTB spec conversion.

RSXTB: 850+CFM (anticipated)
This is reserved for if I decide to make myself another RXTB using one of the special cores. This too will never be offered for sale publicly but could also be modified by purchaser with a die-grinder who has an SXTB made from a special throttle body.

Hope this clears it up for everyone.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just had an epiphany

Remember the episode of Seinfeld in which Kramer sliced meat so thin he couldn't see it and just assumed he had super-thin invisible meat? Well, if you keep grinding away on those throttle bodies just a little more, you'll end up with invisible throttle bodies! So much for my most useless early morning observation of the day.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:50 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even better: "The Emperor's New Throttle Body"... $499 and no core charge!!
Old 03-13-2004, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

TENTB would be a great name for it!
Old 03-13-2004, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

i think u need another coffee & donut... =P
Old 03-13-2004, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Get the flight attendant to fetch me a cup of the "special" brew!

I'm kidding. Drugs are bad.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default "mmmmm, kay" <----- don't suppose you'd know where this quote/line is from?

maybe yer too old.... or I'm too young =P
Old 03-13-2004, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My girlfriend says that all the time to me...

Okay, where's it from?
Old 03-13-2004, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Southpark... Mr. Makey is the councillor who is against drugs... his signityure line is:

"Drugs..... drugs are baad, mmmm Kay." =)

what a wonderful tidbit of useless triva that u didn't need to know eh...

check yah later
Old 03-13-2004, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh my God they killed DINA!

I'm not too familiar with SP.

Oh and to clarify, my girlfriend likes to tell me I need more coffee and a donut, not that drugs are bad. Which they are!

Quick Reply: I've created some confusion regarding the RXTB that needs to be clarified....