Just noticed that they put this forum in the drop-down list.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They probably added it in one place and forgot in another.

I bet it will be fixed in the next day or so.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:12 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm sure the reason they made it public is for reasons of commerce...

And ultimately that is our fault with me as maybe one of the, if not "the" biggest contributor. We got too big, too fast. We can now support a forum advertiser. Problem is other than my potential agreement to become "it" there's probably not a long line of potential candidates willing to sign on for what once could be had for $200 a month and now is likely double that. Of course the rate would've increased anyway soon as the forum went public. And in fact unless I agree to become it I will certainly be able to talk about my mods but not not in ANY way that alludes to selling them.

The biggest problem for me is the new people coming on board that will see my name associated with a mod or product and ask a question that risks getting his and my posts deleted. We've enjoyed a lot of lee-way in that area up until now. And likely some turning a blind eye and tolerance from moderators. But if we now become as agressively monitored/censured as the other forums it's about to stop forthwith.

And I don't fault AW as this is their baby and I not only understand but agree with their right to administer and protect what is theirs. It's apparently a winning game and ya can't argue with success.

The worst part is all the non 12v development questions we'll have to answer (even telling someone his questions about suspension mods, radio installation and what wheels he should use are not appropriate questions here is still an answer that must be given). And all the idiots we'll have to contend with. And one of those has already made his presence known. And there's not an "old-timer" here who doesnt know of whom I speak. And thats gonna grow by leaps and bounds for two reasons: the forum going public and our cars becoming an age that makes them affordable to mass idiots.

Least with anonymity we could hide from them... mostly. Dem days is over!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:14 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh trust me... it's gonna have it's days. No, I wont leave. But there'll be times...

I'll take a high profile absentee posture.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "...of whom I speak. "

Hey,that's kinda harsh. I don't post THAT much.
;-)
Old 09-06-2003, 07:13 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

you're neither new or an idiot.... but you ARE altogether too rare
Old 09-06-2003, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You took the words right out of my mouth...

But if this is the decision of the creator, Ill be fine with it and Ill even help answer all the stupid questions that get posted.

The only thing to do is school the guys who dont know much which further prevents them from asking stupid questions, (one of the reasons why I wanted to start a 12v group in the first place). The more knowledge everyone here has, the farther ahead in tuning we can go, right?
Old 09-06-2003, 12:45 PM
JWG

Default Ditto! Let tolerance become our virture--help those less knowledgeable than yourself and . . .

when someone becomes a real problem (like that Motodyne idiot who followed us from the Yahoo forum to this one) we will find a way to handle them.

I think that we do not need to worry that we will become like the A4 forum, because our focus remains narrow enough that most visitors will browse but not post, because Audi built so few 12v's compared to 1.8t's and 30v's and because there exist other forums to address the things in which we have little interest, e.g., stereo systems that take up your entire trunk.

However, let's all work hard to keep our forum at as high a level as possible.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:42 PM

It shows up for me.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:43 PM

It shows up for me even when I'm reading a post. Are you on Dial up, cable, Dsl?
Old 09-06-2003, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They have fixed the problem...that's why you can see it.

Quick Reply: Just noticed that they put this forum in the drop-down list.