Mance. Do you know of any trusted online sources for purchasing small qtys of ABA Hose Clamps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you know what I find uncanny... how clean your car is under the hood!

I'm gonna have to find someone to steam clean my engine soon... this beach weather and the car living outside all day is doing a number on it Good thing I'll be getting a garage/workshop by the end of the month
Old 10-07-2004, 04:39 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thats not an accident! Any time I do any project under the hood or anywhere on the car...

for that matter I always take the time to detail the immediate surrounding area. Once I've done that on any new car purchase its easy to maintain with a few extra quarters at a DIY car wash booth with the hood open.

However getting it to "that" point is a pure "elbow grease" affair involving about 4 dozen configuration of brushes, towels and rag-wrapped sticks for reach and access. First time is no fun whatsoever as no one maintains a car like I do. But once its done it's a simple matter of an extra fifty cents at the local DIY spray wand wash booth every other month or so.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I put that much effort into the outside of my car...

under the hood i generally wipe off every now and again

One of these days when I'm bored I might take a crack at it...
Old 10-07-2004, 04:54 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default I want "both" to pass the "white glove" test. Only then will I be able...

to do work on any part of the car without donning latex. Only time I want to wear gloves is when I get engine-internal due to the associated risks with used motor oil. I want to do all external engine, suspension, brake and chassis work with my bare hands and come away clean with no oil or grease. If I have to use anything stronger than Ivory bar soap to wash up with after working on the car I havent done my job very well.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default UrS4, what size accusump have you chosen?....

and how do you plan to do the plumbing? Are you simply going to use a spin-on oil filter adapter to the oil cooler, to the dual remote filters, to the accusump and back to the block filter adapter? or are you running new lines to the top of the oil circulating system? just curious =)
Old 10-07-2004, 05:14 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default 3 Qt with pre-lube electrical on/off switch wired to ign on...

All new plumbing but with spin-on adapter/block-off plate for remote dual filter block as I'll keep the stock heat exchange unit to stabilize the oil temps flowing from the air/oil cooler.

Oil will still flow in/out of same ports but all lines will be braided stainless PTFE lined with AN (red/blue) aluminum fittings. Same with power steering cooling but I'll use a Canton round aluminum reservoir so I can rotate it 90* counter-clockwise and gain some needed real estate back from the stock plastic one with it's engine-facing oil lines.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

cool, so the Accusump will go inline, but separate from the dual filters, right?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

never mind....i mis-read that the first time. i understand.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:35 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default separate on engine oil "out" but common on return line with an inline "T" and check-valve...

so Accusump always has fresh-filtered oil. I'll end up with an 11qt oil capacity but will only be able to change as much as a normal oil change. However with full-flow and bypass filtration along with frequent oil/filter changes the oil should always be cleaner/better than it is now even when mixed with residual oil remaining in the system.

Will be nice changing filters where the battery used to sit and with the filter inlet/outlet facing "up" as opposed to that pesky belly-pan removal and a "sideways mount" leaky filter change job I've lived with for the last 10 years.

Dont know why Audi makes horizontal filter mounts that spill their contents soon as they're loosened. Thats just crazy!!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that's exactly the way I had imagined it....so there's no harm in....

having the accusump forcefully push oil back into the engine at the stock filter location where you'll have the filter adapter?
Will that allow oil to successfully pre-oil most of the engine internals before start-up?

Quick Reply: Mance. Do you know of any trusted online sources for purchasing small qtys of ABA Hose Clamps?