my car vs. volvo on the way to home depot getting epoxy

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car vs. volvo on the way to home depot getting epoxy

I left my house at 5 to head over to home depot and pick up some epoxy. On the way over there this brand new, had to be either 03 or 04 volvo wagon was doing 25 in a 45. Now I always use the ten rule so he should have been doing at least 55 in the 45. We were on this long straight road with passing allowed on both sides. I was in third doing 25 behind this guy and I looked through the window and it looked like a man in his mid 20's. So I shifted down into 2nd and let the car catch gear and I got ready to pass him. I backed off a little and signaled into the left lane and smoothly got on the gas, I wasnt flooring it. I dont mean to boast but my exhaust is really loud and I was feeling good with the improvment of no maf screen. So I'm moving by this guy trying to get this done quick and I'm doing about 35-40 in second and I signal to the right and I go what the heck, the damn volvo was up for a challenge and was riding next to me. So naturally I floored it, i was still in second and then I hear it. His damn turbo started to spool, I was like great, hes got turbo. Next thing I know I'm doing 60 in second and I get ready to shift, his front bumper is now about four feet from my rear bumper. I slammed into third and I took third and I dont know how but I started to pull on him, I could still hear him trying to go and his turbos were still goin crazy. Next thing I know I'm doing 80 in third and I get into the right lane, at this point I'm two car lengths ahead of him. I slow it down to about 55 and I'm in the middle of the road so he doesnt get any funny ideas. What happened next must have made this guy almost soil his pants. I'm in the fire department and I have lots of strobe lights in my car. I turned all my lights on and brought the car to a complete stop. The guy pulled over into the mud ( 8-) hehe) and turned his car off with his hazards on. I took off down the road and took the back roads to the home depot. I dont know what was up with this guy. I wasnt tailgating him or anything, I mean c'mon, who would not have passed this guy on a straight away doing 25 in a 45 when passing is allowed?! Well I was feeling pretty good. I went in and got the epoxy and waited in line for 15 minutes and then realized I had the wrong epoxy, I got the metal one ! DOH...just thought I would share the story and represent us 12v-ers. Have a good one guys.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Good story . .

Had an RX-7 try to race me the other night on I-76 (on the way back from MN). Starts tailing me and then drives up alongside me and starts revving. I wanted to go so bad but my car was weighted down an extra 500 lbs or so with all my luggage. So I declined cause I knew I was going to get spanked.

The strobes are definately a nice thing to have. I love being unmarked and snagging the tailgaters. Ah the feeling . . to get in the left lane, slow down, and see the horrified look on a 16 year old's face (driving his red trans am), as he looks over and sees the silver badge and blue uniform. Yea. No take home for me though. =( What state you work for?
Old 03-20-2004, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default new york, lower westchester...

I'm on ambulance too, wish I could be a volunteer police officer! I love hanging out with them! I had a pick of green or blue I took blue with FD. I'm running all LED's in the back, I love em.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:52 PM

Misuse of strobe lights =P Lucky it wasn't me in my volvo =D
Old 03-20-2004, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Misuse? I was just responding to the scene to make sure everyone was OK 8-p...

and they are LED's in the back, not strobes! Hey, I was doing the guy a favor, if it had been an undercover police officer behind him, he would have gotten pulled over and gotten a summons for impedeing the flow of traffic. Way I see it, I just gave him a warning instead of a ticket :-)
Old 03-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Banned

Line 20 says strobe lights ; )
Old 03-20-2004, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

your right...strobes in the front in the dash, headlights, and corners, in the back I have leds!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

lol!!
Old 03-20-2004, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm a proud 100 owner.. <gross slang> REPRESENT YO! </gross slang>
Old 03-22-2004, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

which is why you should understand me being surprised when I got ahead of him!

Quick Reply: my car vs. volvo on the way to home depot getting epoxy