PSA: I'm going to make a small, "one-time" RS3 MAF production run...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PSA: I'm going to make a small, "one-time" RS3 MAF production run...

Someone in town did me a HUGE favor recently and I told him if there's EVER any way I can return the favor to let me know. As fate would have it, he just bought a 95 90 Sport Quattro over the weekend and wants an RS3 MAF and airbox velocity stack. It's super inefficient for me to make one each so just this one time I'm going to make a small run of 12 each as that's how many MAF cores I have available.

Here's how it will work. I will have these machined & available for Monday, January 21 shipment. Due to the nature of a "one-time-only-limited-production-run" there can be no "verbal orders" accepted. An order goes into affect only after it's been paid for. You can order just the VS or just RS3 MAF or RS3 MAF w/VS. RS3 MAF is $225 and airbox velocity stack is $45. RS3 MAF will require an additional $200 refundable deposit as a separate payment due at time of shipping. When I receive your MAF back I will refund the $200 deposit via Paypal. These are all the "identical" prices and methods I've used for years for these components. All prices include lower 48 state shipping. Canadian and/or Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico orders please add $10.

Everyone considering this should note this is for RS3 conversion of the 078 133 471A MAF only! I cannot accept ANY other MAF housing as your core exchange!! Nor will I accept ANY previously modified MAF housings as a core exchange.

Paypal is the only form of payment I accept and my account name/address there is same as my email address when you click on my username at the top of every post I make.

This is first-come/first-served only and I cannot guarantee this offer will ever be repeated. This offer is specifically limited to RS3 MAF and 12V 90Q/12V A4 airbox velocity stacks only! MAF works on all 12V's but airbox VS is B4/B5 12V small-chassis specific. Because this is the latest/greatest RS3 spec MAF conversion no o-rings are required/included with the RS3 MAF.

I will post updates as to MAF/VS quantities remaining available. As of this posting there are 11 of each available for Monday, January 21 shipping.

And since I know some will ask; while I should know better than to say "never" there is no plans to make any other induction parts like throttle bodies, recovery sleeves, hose kits et al.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Recommended mod.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting...if you don't mind telling, what has changed from the earlier RS3 MAFs...

that allows it to be ran without the o-ring?

You've increased the velocity thru the housing to the point that the sensor gives accurate readings without the o-ring? Or there is modification to the sensor orifice?

And will it still allow for some a/f tuning if you're looking to lean/richen the mixture?

Thanks Mance, I'm sure these will be gone in a matter of hours!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

YGM, I'll take one.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:28 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default RS3 has never "required" an o-ring. Some just felt more comfy...

with an o-ring or 2 around to experiment and "play" with. Airbox velocity stack is an even greater hedge against CEL's especially in hot temperatures. There has never been a reported CEL associated with an RS3 MAF where a VS was used that wasn't later determined to be "caused by" something else. There have been CEL's upon installation that people later found another cause that the more free-flowing MAF allowed or facilitated but didn't "cause." Far and away most CEL's are associated with old, dirty, faulty/broken, high mileage original/generic O2 sensors or simply a dirty or badly contaminated MAF wire element or in rare cases a faulty MAF sensor module.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

is the small-chassis the a4? and large-chassis being an a6?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

yes, B chassis like 90/A4 is small. C chassis like 100/A6 is large
Old 01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is your email your paypal acount?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Close... my paypal account name/address is the same as my email address
Old 01-15-2008, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default UGPP. need some MS2's as well ;)

I included my address in the pay pal payment notes as it has changes since last time you mailed me something.

Quick Reply: PSA: I'm going to make a small, "one-time" RS3 MAF production run...