was the RS2 every made available in the states?? i know this isnt a questionabout the 12v

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, what was that guys call sign that makes the rs2 bumpers??
Old 02-27-2008, 04:31 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't know as I don't buy or use the cheapo fiberglas imitation parts
Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned

Default im not looking for "cheapo fiberglass imitation parts"

i dont know why you would assume that i was looking for **** parts, but anyway... i have money, and happen to be enthusiastic about my audi, therefore, i would appreciate any info on where to obtain a real rs2 bumper, or something that is of exceptional quality.

dave
Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 PM

Default Finding a used RS2 bumper....

Finding a used RS2 bumper would be like finding ice in Sahara, if you would like an original bumper there is only one way to get it, if your not extremely lucky

We have ordered a Rieger replica, and been told that it should be of ABS plastic and good quality, according to the salesperson it should be a bit more rigid than the original, if not good we will send it back.

I can post some pictures of it when it gets here, but it was on backorder so it wont be this week.

Price for Rieger RS2 bumper in Sweden $634,47 USD.

And when it comes to fiberglas, if youre in to racing you will hit the occasional sand trap and other odd objects. i would say that fiberglas is to prefer since its easy to repair.
have seen some real good fiberglas replicas.

--From a snowy Sweden--<ul><li><a href="http://www.rieger-tuning.de/">http://www.rieger-tuning.de/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default specifically because you asked for "that guys call sign that makes the rs2 bumpers??"...

is why I, or anyone "would assume you're looking for **** parts!" There is no "guy" that makes Audi OEM RS2 bumpers. They are made by Audi just like the bumpers that came on your car. "Guys" make cheapo fiberglas imitation parts out of their garage. So when you ask for the "guy" making the RS2 bumpers you're asking specifically for a cheapo RS2 fiberglas imitation!

It's like asking someone "who's the guy that makes Audi's doors, hoods and deck lids?"

My response doesnt imply you're looking for anything other than specifically what you asked for. But your question absolutely does SPECIFICALLY imply that you are indeed looking for an imitation, rather than "real" RS2 bumper!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Banned

Default ok, who's that "GUY" that makes aftermarket induction parts?? from what ive heard, he's pretty good

at it. perhaps ive been mislead, however, i feel like he does indeed make great parts. perhaps you have had a bad experience with someone that makes aftermarket bumpers, great!!, let me know in a reverent way. it seem that mutal respect amongst us here would be a thing to aspire towards, no matter whether we've been here for a week or for 10 years. when i ask a question about something, i dont want to feel like my *** is getting chaffed for doing so.
i respect you and want to do a lot of buisness with you (when i get my chance).
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default oh, was that your red audi with the rs2 bumper in the photo you posted??

just wondering where you attained it.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default then it would seem you know a LOT more about this guy and how to get hold of him....

since I have NO idea whom you're speaking of as I don't use anything other than OEM body parts, EVER and have NEVER mentioned such a guy/person. All I've ever done is advise people to be VERY leary of the non-OEM fiberglas body parts on ANYTHING other than flat-out dedicated gutted/caged race cars.

Perhaps you might consider asking the specific person or persons who have specifically mentioned the guy or guys you seek rather than me. I mean it's just a thought?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, already explained where I got it ("Audi OEM"). We seem to be going round & round;-)

All of my Euro body parts are "real-deal" factory Audi OEM from RS2 mirrors, RS2 front bumper with Porsche 55W projector fogs &amp; brake cooling ducts , RS2 front grill, mesh inserts and S2 rear bumper assembly. All Audi part numbers (except the Porsche parts which are OEM and came from the Porsche dealer) and sourced via a UK Audi dealer and shipped over.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned

Default im sorry, but i guess i missed out on where you obtained it. is it an original, or aftermarket?

again, sorry if i missedout on the origin of it..

dave

Quick Reply: was the RS2 every made available in the states?? i know this isnt a questionabout the 12v