VAP here are the pics you wanted..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I see nothing inherently wrong with the Samco aside from its current route...

It's a VERY clean, visually attractive and uncluttered installation. But unless something's changed my biggest personal concern with it "as-is" is the way it forces the passenger side CCV breather tube to dip lower than the valve cover CCV breather outlet which would cause oil after engine shut-down to drain from BOTH ends of that breather hose back into the "dip" where it will condense/collect/remain in the lowest section of hose and not be allowed to drain via gravity back into the valve cover. Then once the car starts that collected oil under positive CCV pressure thru the CCV tube would be forced into the recovery sleeve/throttle body as that tube purges the liquid oil out. Audi got at least that much right in placing the OEM plenum breather tube inlets "higher than" the valve cover beather tube outlets. I too followed their lead in this regard as it's just profoundly sound engineering logic.

But it's been awhile since we discussed your setup so you may well have corrected this situation by now?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what fitting is that

in the pictures, what is the metal fitting between the two 90 degree elbows off of the TB. I have and early model w/plastic, weird, 180 degree something or another that connects from the ribbed intake hose off of the MAF to the TB. I need to lose it. I have TB and MAF from Mance and I'm measuring/ordering silicone fittings for the install, but I need to replace the hoses (vacuum, breather/PCV???, etc.) that are currently connected to that plastic monstrosity. Is that a part that is available from later model 90's or is it custom? Thanks for the help.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what is it...

It's VAP's:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...9&highlight=HV

Your welcome.