Yeah, I went cheap and boned-up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, I went cheap and boned-up...

I went cheap and bought some 2-piece headlight projector housings from eBay. I should have known that I was in trouble when I saw that the instructions were in Chinese! (I'm Chinese and it *STILL* shocks me!) At any rate, the headlights leave a 1/8" gap from the bumper to the bottom of the headlight housing and the beam pattern isn't very good. Just thought I'd let everyone know before they bought them.

With that said... I have these headlight housings (that I paid $300 for) and clear corner lights for *FREE* if someone wants to come and pick them up from me in Los Angeles. They're not very good and I can't, in good conscience, sell them to anyone. But I'd hate to throw them away if someone has some sort of use for them. Just let me know! E-mail me at robert_t_king (AT) hotmail (DOT) com.

Bob
Old 02-16-2005, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The Depo ones? The light pattern is a bit odd but I didn't think they were unusable. I did have to

aim the driver's side light as high as it would go.

Where in LA are you?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't think they're from the Depo.

I got them from eBay and I can't remember who the seller was! But the light pattern is a bit wonky... and I adjusted them as high as they would go and they weren't quite right still. I just opted to stay with my original headlamps.

I live in Huntington Beach, but I go to Hollywood pretty often to visit my mom. I can always meet-up with someone in-between to drop-off the lights...

Bob
Old 02-16-2005, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine, which I got from ebay, actually say Depo on the lense. That is the manufacturer.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:25 AM

And how good are they ?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They weren't as bright as I expected and the beam pattern is low and has a sharp cutoff

on the driver's side (I think for oncoming traffic). Overall though I feel they were an improvement over my old lights (after you aim them properly, they were pointing at the ground when first installed) and they look much better in the daytime. They don't leak or get condensation inside, either, which I've heard some of the aftermarket 2 piece lights do. Overall the quality is not as good as the stock Audi lights but nothing on them broke. I thought fitment was good, too.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Gone!

Another forum member got 'em. Thanks all!

Bob
Old 02-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Thanks for the feedback. I understand your's are one piece headlights

Unfortunately my 96 has 2 piece Bosch headlights.
I am very tempted to make this move and get rid os the frosted ones.
But I confess that the fitting & condensation issues scare me a little.
Are the 2 pieces sold by LLTEK the same ?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Mr. D's are 2 pieces not the 1 piece. I have the same lights from Depo installed on my A4.

So far no condensation issues whatsoever. Everything was plug and play. No fender trimming like you have to do on the 1 pieces. Only thing I lost was my fog lights. The Depo headlights included connectors for city lights rather than the stock foglights. The wires are the same color though, so if I can get my hands on some of those fog light connectors from the old lights I may be back in business.

I purchased my lights from KenSu on ebay for $280. Looks like LLTEK wants $444. Yikes!!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mine are indeed 2 piece as PearlA4_1 said. I paid $200+35 shipping on eBay.

From what I have heard, Lltek's are the same, made by Depo.

Quick Reply: Yeah, I went cheap and boned-up...