2.0 fsi and nos???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit Developed on Fourtitude.

might add that it's 1,300 though for the kit because it comes with EVERYTHING you'd ever need to hook it up. tested on a DSG...holding up fine after 13k miles so far.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: deteriorte your enigne.... meth is fine if it runs out.. time to do some more research

I just got an email from snow performance who does the kits and they are coming out with a kit in the near future just for the 2.0T. From what I have researched and asked others about, the stock IC on the Audi 2.0T is large but in the summer time can become heat soaked from a chipped car, thus losing HP. The W/M kit without adjusting timing will lower the intake temps by a large degree and gain about 5-10 hp and will keep you from having to upgrade the IC, which is expensive. By not adjusting timing you wont hurt the engine if the W/M runs out, it will just like running now with a heat soaked IC. And of course you can always adjust timing later and get about 30 whp out of it.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: i have the fmic

Im not sure what you are saying here, do you have the W/M installed or a new FMIC?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

fmic is installed, w/m is not
Old 09-05-2007, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

do you have the link?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

WHAT DIVERTER VALVE DID YOU INSTALL? ALSO HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT BOOST YOU ARE GETTING? DO YOU HAVE A BOOST GAUGE? GET BACK TO ME BECAUSE I DEF WANT TO INSTALL IT IF I AM GOING TO GET 2 PSI MORE OUT OF THE TURBO. WHAT BOOST SHOULD YOU BE RUNNING WITH THE CHIP? I CANNOT FIND THAT INFO ANYWHERE ON THE NET. I KNOW STOCK IS 11 OR SO.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

With the GIAC 93 Octane chip, they said I was getting up to 16 psi. Now it is probably droping back down to a steady 13 psi or so. I plan on doing the guage in a few months when I do the w/m kit. Im still on the stock diverter valve but expect that to blow soon and then I guess I will have to get the Forge one. Was hoping others would come out a little cheaper. The guys at snow performance said that with the 93 octane chip the car is probably pulling a little timing already which is why I cant really go down in octane. Plus they said that these new dsg/s-tronic cars adapt to cooler intakes automatically and pull some more timing when the intake temps are down. He said even without adjusting timing myself I should see some gains and I wont lose any hp from heat soak. Hope so. I will be getting a manual boost controller too and set it for a peak of about 20 and hold steady at 18 psi.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

i have the forge dv and the podi boost guage..
Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default you sure you want to mess the boostcontoller?

it would sound very logical to run the meth while the turbo is holding high boost because the turbo will be blowing hot air. but ive heard that the gain-to-risk move isnt worth it. you can blow your turbo..but research has said up to 25psi on ours. so hey, i bought a boost controller to do the same thing and held back because of the risks involved and a buddy that is very involved in audis and vw also told me its not a good idea..but hey man, prove me wrong..would love to see the gains..
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: i have the forge dv and the podi boost guage..

did you install the dv yourself? how about the gauge, i heard the gauge is tricky not sure about the valve but i would imagine its the same.

Quick Reply: 2.0 fsi and nos???