2.0 TFSI CAEB oil pressure issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 2.0 TFSI CAEB oil pressure issues

Hello all, have a 2012 Q5 with 149,000 miles. Just recently bought the car, replaced slightly bent exhaust valves and refurbed head. Engine seemed super clean inside, little to no oil glazing and cam bearing surfaces looked fantastic.

Anyway, driven about 2500 miles now in the last couple months and it’s been pretty good. But, after the car has been running for a while, there is a slight tick/knock when initially pressing the throttle. Only happens when engine is hot and has been running for an extended period. Perfectly fine when cold or up to temp but short drive. I’d say 20 miles or under. What it feels like is an initial drop in oil pressure but it’s almost like the ‘slack’ gets pulled when I put my foot on the pedal and I hold the revs slightly above idle. The rattle is there but fine immediately.

Yesterday, after a 100 miles drive and some heavy in city traffic the rattling got pretty loud, and then the oil pressure light came on. I shut the car off, let it cool a bit then was all good.

Oil on dipstick is pretty dark, but not jet black there’s still some caramel colour to it. I believe oil temps are getting high, viscosity is dropping significantly and thus the oil pressure is too.

Will have my laptop back in a couple days to do a scan and check oil temps while driving.

Anyone experienced this/ have some words of wisdom?

cheers!
Old 03-11-2024, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tutaj na forum jest kilka wątków odnośnie problemów z ciśnieniem oleju w 2.0 tfsi...

przyczyn takiego stanu rzeczy może być kilka... na samym początku najlepiej będzie jakbyś dokonał pomiaru ciśnienia oleju... masz manometr i wiesz jak to wykonać?..
Old 06-26-2024, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigvaglover
Hello all, have a 2012 Q5 with 149,000 miles. Just recently bought the car, replaced slightly bent exhaust valves and refurbed head. Engine seemed super clean inside, little to no oil glazing and cam bearing surfaces looked fantastic.

Anyway, driven about 2500 miles now in the last couple months and it’s been pretty good. But, after the car has been running for a while, there is a slight tick/knock when initially pressing the throttle. Only happens when engine is hot and has been running for an extended period. Perfectly fine when cold or up to temp but short drive. I’d say 20 miles or under. What it feels like is an initial drop in oil pressure but it’s almost like the ‘slack’ gets pulled when I put my foot on the pedal and I hold the revs slightly above idle. The rattle is there but fine immediately.

Yesterday, after a 100 miles drive and some heavy in city traffic the rattling got pretty loud, and then the oil pressure light came on. I shut the car off, let it cool a bit then was all good.

Oil on dipstick is pretty dark, but not jet black there’s still some caramel colour to it. I believe oil temps are getting high, viscosity is dropping significantly and thus the oil pressure is too.

Will have my laptop back in a couple days to do a scan and check oil temps while driving.

Anyone experienced this/ have some words of wisdom?

cheers!
Balance shafts / Bearings could be going.