8V S3 Stalling when cornering with wheel slip

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8V S3 Stalling when cornering with wheel slip

My S3 is pro tuned, and has automatic upshifts in manual turned OFF, it will let you hit rev limiter. One time I launched the car in manual and didn't upshift in time, ran full throttle into the rev limit and the car cut power and completely shut down. It would start back up for a second, then die again. After letting the car sit and trying to restart every few minutes, it finally started back up and ran like normal, full power, no codes or lights. Fast forward a few months, and I am sliding the car around a corner in the wet with traction in sport. Mid corner the car just died again, the same way it did when i hit the rev limiter, so i thought that i had potentially done that again. Changed to a tune with auto upshift, car in S, and slid around the same corner - car died again the same way, waited 20 minutes and the car restarted again and drove just fine - never threw a code or lights.

I talked to my tuner and they suggested i try to reproduce it on the stock file so I did, and I was able to mostly reproduce it, only this time the car will come back after coasting in a "dead" state for a few seconds, not responding to any accel pedal input. It seems like sometimes the issue is severe enough to shut the car down for a while, and sometimes it just needs a second to come back.

Tuner says it could possibly be low side fuel pressure related, or maybe a module issue (they suspect stability control, traction control, or the abs module since this only seems to happen when wheels are slipping with TC off/sport). I have attached 2 datalogs of the issue happening, on these 2 occasions the car did NOT shut down all the way, but that does still randomly happen - I just haven't been able to capture it on a log yet.

Before I start throwing parts and money at it, has anyone had this before or know of a potential test I could do to narrow down the possibilites?
Attached Files
File Type: csv
datalog11.csv (336.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv
datalog10.csv (254.0 KB, 10 views)