ECS flashing and stall (CPS code)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ECS flashing and stall (CPS code)

Hello everyone,

I have a 2010 a4 2.0, i bought it a few months ago, have changed the turbo, timing belt, cam position sensor and cam position magnet, all done by garage, I have no time to work on cars anymore unfortunately. Anyways since i purchased the car, the ecs light occasionally flashes, sometimes a stall follows. then CEL comes on the code has been consistent with cam position sensor. but that has been replaced, as well as the magnetic sensor on the front of the head. it tends to happen when i am driving on the highway then slow down for traffic. I also constantly feel a little hesitation or studder at initial acceleration. The shop that i have been brining it too said that it maybe the gear on the cam? has anyone had this problem before that can shed some light or experience? would be greatly appreciated before i dump any more money into this car. ,
Old 09-07-2022, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Willcap43
Hello everyone,

I have a 2010 a4 2.0, i bought it a few months ago, have changed the turbo, timing belt, cam position sensor and cam position magnet, all done by garage, I have no time to work on cars anymore unfortunately. Anyways since i purchased the car, the ecs light occasionally flashes, sometimes a stall follows. then CEL comes on the code has been consistent with cam position sensor. but that has been replaced, as well as the magnetic sensor on the front of the head. it tends to happen when i am driving on the highway then slow down for traffic. I also constantly feel a little hesitation or studder at initial acceleration. The shop that i have been brining it too said that it maybe the gear on the cam? has anyone had this problem before that can shed some light or experience? would be greatly appreciated before i dump any more money into this car. ,
Not enough info to diagnose. You really need a scanner, buy one and see what codes you are throwing, it will help you a LOT when it comes to diagnosing an issue(s).
My preferred scanner for VW Audi is Ross-Tech.com which is VW/Audi specific with lots and lots of supporting info on what codes mean and how to diagnose