forge DV vs BOV

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forge DV vs BOV

i may be crusing for a flame here: but only trying to cut the confusion.

a buddy and I were talking about my plans to chip (apr stage one) and he said I really needed to do a piston diverter valve vs the stock diaphram diverter valve........... he made a particular point to say that I did not want to get a blow off valve - that I needed the diverter valve......

I found a few threads............. where people were talking about the forge switchable BOV........

with searchs I am finding lots of links about the Forge BOV, but nothing on the forge dv (stuff for the tt does come up)

if anyone wants to throw a little 101 my way on this one I would appreciate it...... just trying to have everything lined up when I do my chip in a few weeks......... I wish the installers were more helpful with these recommendations or info......

from what I can read I only need to start worrying about the PCV leak if I go stage 2 or stage 3, but since I am only going stage one then the only "must" is the DV..........

the more I try to search and read in the forums, the more confused I get

I really am not looking for a ton of gain, hence the stage one, I was told that if I did stage one and did not change the DV I would start throwing CEL's.........
Old 12-08-2006, 05:12 AM

Default Re: forge DV vs BOV

My .02, there are 0 HP gains for BOV and from what i have seen, they can be problematic. There is an OEM DV upgrade, something about earlier models failing, and there is an upgrade DV. If you want the sound, save your money from the BOV and buy an intake (Carbonio,Evoms,Neuspeed,etc). When you add an intake,Revo and APR(assuming you chip)have an upgrade to take advantage of the increased air-flow(you may need exhaust as well).APR offers this for the transverse 2.0 only(thats you assuming the picture above is your car and its an A3). Hope that was helpful
Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 AM

the point of any DV or BOV is to lengthen the lifespan of your turbo and reduce lag after shifting. That said i think that a diverter valve switchable or not is a better idea because it further prolongs lifespan by preventing the lean condition most BOVs create so if you can find a piston DV go for it if not try for a more robust DV and like deutshcarny said there is an OEM DV out there and im sure there are some threads about it, if not here then on <a href="http://www.audizine.com/forum/">Audizine</a>
Old 02-18-2007, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

if you are only looking to chip the car then are more than good stock...if you want to hear the bov on your car without changing anyhting then get the carbonio intake and i can guarantee from experience(installed on my car) that you will hear it..onto the topic of the diverter and the bov..it will not be necessary to replace or change unless your going for like 300whp..around that power the seals start to break and then **** happens..i did some research on that topic aswell..