NJ: Audi 2.0T OIL CONSUMPTION ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chloechaos
Stationed overseas we just bought a 2009 Audi that appeared to be in mint shape. Person we bought it from said the car was great but that every few hundred miles you'd have to top off oil. What he didn't say was that in reality, every. single. day. this car is drinking a half liter of oil or more. i'm reading here some of your fixes and things. We paid $11k for this car and now it's looking like it'll cost us more.
Is it worth even going down the road of fixing things? Honestly, if we have to pour more money in this I would almost rather us trade it into a dealer and cut our losses and move on.
I think there's a provision in place for Audi to repair vehicles with this issue if the car has less than 120,000 miles. Post your question at the Audizine website message forum in the B8 A4 forum; you'll get good responses there.

http://www.audizine.com
Old 08-28-2017, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kjack
I think there's a provision in place for Audi to repair vehicles with this issue if the car has less than 120,000 miles. Post your question at the Audizine website message forum in the B8 A4 forum; you'll get good responses there.

Audizine

I bought a 2007 A4 with 113k miles. changed the oil which was very dirty and spark plugs about 500 miles ago. now oil light came on and added another quart. I don't see any leaks and the car drives perfectly normal. very odd, I've never owned a car that consumes this much oil. any ideas/suggestions?
Old 08-29-2017, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

This has probably been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but one watch out is Audi mechanics not properly reinstalling your valve cover when they work on the engine. My Indy is telling me I need to a new valve cover because it's leaking, and the sealant wasn't properly applied. I have to believe it is not a coincidence this happened not long after I had warranty work done...
Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Exclamation 2010 A4 oil consumption

My 2010 A4 is using about a quart of Oil every 500 miles. I have gotten the Audi oil consumption test done about two years ago and it was within the limits. I can't imagine that it is still in the limits. The car has about 99k miles on. Will going to the dealer where I bought it and doing another oil test be the right way to start? Help me out here I'm trying to get Audi to pay for this and I need to know how to start. Thanks everyone!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Excessive oil consumption on 2 litre TFSI Audi

My 2 litre TFSI had excessive oil consumption from new and the pistons were replaced under warranty. The crankcase breather valve has also recently been replaced, Nevertheless 44,000 miles on and the engine is again using what appears to be an excessive amount of oil. Has anyone else had this trouble?
Old 11-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Markieymark441
My 2010 A4 is using about a quart of Oil every 500 miles. I have gotten the Audi oil consumption test done about two years ago and it was within the limits. I can't imagine that it is still in the limits. The car has about 99k miles on. Will going to the dealer where I bought it and doing another oil test be the right way to start? Help me out here I'm trying to get Audi to pay for this and I need to know how to start. Thanks everyone!
Yes that seems reasonable. Also put your concerns in writing and send the letter by recorded delivery.
Best of luck
TheMac
Old 01-14-2018, 01:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by c6vetteman
I found a simple inexpensive fix (if you can call it that) for oil consumption issues on the 2.0t
Next time you need to add oil to your car add a bottle of "High Mileage Compression Repair (with ring seal)" to your oil. ($8) It took about a 200 miles of driving for it to start working but...my car no longer uses any oil!!!
Backstory.....I bought this 07 audi quattro 2.0t with 100k miles. And after a week found out that it uses 1 qt of oil every 300-400 miles or every tank of gas. I was really mad at myself for getting rid of a perfect running jetta VR6 for this crap. I Spent alot of time and money trying to fix this problem, all the fixes that are supposed to try and help including a new valve cover ($400!) didnt work.
I couldnt hardly even climb a hill without the car falling on its face and blowing smoke, like an escaping octopus.
I have already sunk $5k into this car that I just paid 10 grand for. Doing tires, brakes, timing belt, and a bunch of melted heater hose piping on the backside of the engine. So I did a bunch of research and with some engine knowledge of my own I knew the only real way to fix this was to basically rebuild the engine and add new piston rings. I WAS NOT GOING TO DO THAT!!
I just got done building an LS2 motor for my Corvette because of some bad parts...

So with some desperation I was willing to try some snake oil....AND IT WORKS!!!! havent burned a drop of oil all summer, and it has been hot here. I can climb hills again too. So for alot of you out there with this same problem that dont have a warranty and dont want a car to consume the way you live, try this fix and please let me know if this works for anyone else.
Hi, I have a A4 2TFSI B8 - 2011 and it seems to have same problem as per your post from back in 2015 . I have added high kilometre compression repair with ring seal (Rislone brand) . My question was there any side effects later on on your engine performance or you still recommend it.

Thanks heaps.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am fighting this too on our 2007 A4.

The intercooler cross pipe fills with oil, like 1/2 quart in a week or two of city driving. It seems to pool on the intake side and even the upper hose from the throttle body to the intercooler where the mass air sensor is has pooling. I thought for sure it was either the PCV or the valve cover but I've replaced both and it's still doing it. The car drives normal with respect to power but my wife says it blows a smoke cloud when cold starting or powering up a big hill.

Maybe a leaking turbo, I don't know how to test that other than replace it.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A42L
Hi, I have a A4 2TFSI B8 - 2011 and it seems to have same problem as per your post from back in 2015 . I have added high kilometre compression repair with ring seal (Rislone brand) . My question was there any side effects later on on your engine performance or you still recommend it.

Thanks heaps.
Hey, I have an 09 audi a4 2.0t... how has the addition of high mileage compression impacted your oil levels? Same results as the original advice? Thanks
Old 09-04-2018, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2011 A4 B8 Fixed by Audi

Just got my A4 (58k miles) back from the dealership. Audi replaced the pistons at their costs as part of the “extended warranty” provided from the settlement. Before that, I was adding a quart of oil every 600-700 miles and my car was spitting carbon from the tail pipe.

Fingers crossed that this will fix fix the issue going forward.

Quick Reply: NJ: Audi 2.0T OIL CONSUMPTION ?