Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I got it!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got it!!

Picked the new Q up from the dealer on Friday. This was one week late, though the dealer did make up by giving my an A4 loaner this whole week. We were just driving around the back roads in our town, and somehow ended up keeping on driving and finding a place to eat dinner in the city. We're planning a long drive labor day weekend, and it felt like we should just do that drive like, right now! What an amazing car!

Great things:
- Beautiful inside and out, love those DRL's!
- Nicely weighted steering. Firm, but supple ride.
- Engine smooth and refined. Interestingly, the dealer said there was no hard rule break-in period, though the manual says otherwise.
- Very quiet inside, no wind or road noise.
- Great seats, lots of adjustment.
- B&O!!
- Panoramic sunroof looks great.
- 19's look a lot better than the 18's I think.

Nitpicks:
- Perforated sunroof shade. A/C is plenty strong after a couple minutes though. We'll see how it goes the rest of the summer.
- Brake dust. First purchase was that Armour All wheel protectant - let's see how it goes.
- Having to stop driving and park the car

Just wanted to share these pics too, and thank everyone on this forum for all the great info everyone's sharing.
Attached Images      
Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

It looks fantastic. Congratulations!!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the sunroof shade will be ok for you in the summer, I can say so because I live in Las Vegas and I actually like the perforations on that sunroof shade. i have 20" wheels and i beleive they look better than a 19 (e.g. bigger is better kind of argument lol)

your car is a beautiful S-line, enjoy!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gat821
Picked the new Q up from the dealer on Friday. This was one week late, though the dealer did make up by giving my an A4 loaner this whole week. We were just driving around the back roads in our town, and somehow ended up keeping on driving and finding a place to eat dinner in the city. We're planning a long drive labor day weekend, and it felt like we should just do that drive like, right now! What an amazing car!

Great things:
- Beautiful inside and out, love those DRL's!
- Nicely weighted steering. Firm, but supple ride.
- Engine smooth and refined. Interestingly, the dealer said there was no hard rule break-in period, though the manual says otherwise.
- Very quiet inside, no wind or road noise.
- Great seats, lots of adjustment.
- B&O!!
- Panoramic sunroof looks great.
- 19's look a lot better than the 18's I think.

Nitpicks:
- Perforated sunroof shade. A/C is plenty strong after a couple minutes though. We'll see how it goes the rest of the summer.
- Brake dust. First purchase was that Armour All wheel protectant - let's see how it goes.
- Having to stop driving and park the car

Just wanted to share these pics too, and thank everyone on this forum for all the great info everyone's sharing.
Congrats! After digging around I think I'll join the 3.2 FSI gang... if I do not buy the new ford explorer 2011. The 2.0T FSI is fine but has the problem I hate the most - burns oil. My advise would be to learn about the break-in rules even though the dealer didn't advice you. I've read Audi has very low standard for excessive oil consumption (burn too much oil is OK). I've not got the details on that from the dealership I'm in contact now, but I hope I will.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great! I followed the engine break-in as described in the manual.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

Gorgeous, congrats! IMO Quartz Gray is the best color for Q5 and it's not close. Absolutely beautiful. The S-Line chrome grill adds so much to the look also, it really stands apart from the standard grill.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpraju
It looks fantastic. Congratulations!!
+1!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great...I would've opted for the 20's too, but it still looks great.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks guys! We're really enjoying the car. Can't get enough of it, inside or out. And yep, I'll be following what the manual says on break-in. Next step is putting on some Ventureshield at a local installer.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Niiice! Congrats!

Quick Reply: I got it!!