Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My new Q5 (with photos)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Q5 (with photos)

Here are a couple quick photos and notes about my new Q5 I picked up on Tuesday.
It's a 2012 Phantom Black/Black Interior 2.0T Premium Plus with Navigation, B&O, Advanced Key, and 19" Wheels.
I ordered it at the end of June and it arrived almost 3 months to the day this past Tuesday.
It came equipped with the back-up camera so that was nice. I was expecting to have to wait for the chip to be installed at a later date.
The 8 speed transmission is certainly going to take some getting used to. I'm started to see what people are talking about here with the slight stutter when accelerating from a stop.
I've noticed too that the steering does seem to tighten at slower speeds (19mph or less).
The can confirm that the Nav maps are well out of date which I know is a major complaint here too, justifiably of course. There is an exit off of an expressway near my house that has been completed for quite some time now and it's not showing it.
For those interested in this information too I'll say that I was only able to get $500 less than MSRP but I thought I got a good rate at 3.39% financed through Audi.
I'll see if I can get some better photos showcasing the Phantom Black because some people have been asking me why I chose it and what it looks like. In different lighting I swear I've seen it look like a deep black to a dark brown to a grey.
Anyways, there you go. Thanks for the great forum and all the information (it was a lot more helpful than my lazy-*** salesman). You guys helped me make my decision and helped the 3 month wait go by a lot more quickly.
Attached Images      
Old 09-29-2011, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! She's a beaut.

From that one picture, I can see what you mean about the paint going from black to gray in certain lighting.

Thanks for letting us know the back up camera worked. Sounds like we have turned the corner with that issue.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your ride.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very nice! Congratulations!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride!! Enjoy the new "Q".I want ours even more now.
I just ordered my wife a new "Q" two weeks ago. They tell me we should see it by the end of November. The "Q" will be Black with light gray, P+,Nav., B&O, 19 inch, wheel locks, etc. Discounted $1400 off MSRP.
I think I will purchase the VagCom cable from Ross Tech. and maybe chrome fog light rings from ebay.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Beautiful Q5! Same color on order. Ordered back in July, hoping to see it in few weeks.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Flintheart
Here are a couple quick photos and notes about my new Q5 I picked up on Tuesday.
It's a 2012 Phantom Black/Black Interior 2.0T Premium Plus with Navigation, B&O, Advanced Key, and 19" Wheels.
I ordered it at the end of June and it arrived almost 3 months to the day this past Tuesday.
It came equipped with the back-up camera so that was nice. I was expecting to have to wait for the chip to be installed at a later date.
The 8 speed transmission is certainly going to take some getting used to. I'm started to see what people are talking about here with the slight stutter when accelerating from a stop.
I've noticed too that the steering does seem to tighten at slower speeds (19mph or less).
The can confirm that the Nav maps are well out of date which I know is a major complaint here too, justifiably of course. There is an exit off of an expressway near my house that has been completed for quite some time now and it's not showing it.
For those interested in this information too I'll say that I was only able to get $500 less than MSRP but I thought I got a good rate at 3.39% financed through Audi.
I'll see if I can get some better photos showcasing the Phantom Black because some people have been asking me why I chose it and what it looks like. In different lighting I swear I've seen it look like a deep black to a dark brown to a grey.
Anyways, there you go. Thanks for the great forum and all the information (it was a lot more helpful than my lazy-*** salesman). You guys helped me make my decision and helped the 3 month wait go by a lot more quickly.
Very nice looking car! I ordered the 3.2T phantom black/black sline and can't wait to get it. did you get those mats from audi? in the audi brochure the factory mats looked a little shallow. I'm from canada so i would need something to hold the winter grime.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great looking Q5! Congrats! Here's to many miles of driving bliss

Regarding the earlier post on the mats, yes those are the Audi mats. Those blocks on the lower half are raised quite a bit and do a good job I think. I personally use them only for winter though, as everyday dry dirt is less noticeable and easier to clean with a quick vacuum on the carpet mats.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gat821
Great looking Q5! Congrats! Here's to many miles of driving bliss

Regarding the earlier post on the mats, yes those are the Audi mats. Those blocks on the lower half are raised quite a bit and do a good job I think. I personally use them only for winter though, as everyday dry dirt is less noticeable and easier to clean with a quick vacuum on the carpet mats.
Thanks!

You're absolutely right about the mats.
They are indeed Audi mats and they do show the dry dirt/dust very easily but I'll probably keep them over the carpeted mats simply because I like the way they look more. But yes, they'll require much more upkeep to keep them looking good.

A little over a week of owning it so far it's absolutely fantastic to drive. Such a great car!