Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
Old 07-20-2016, 10:58 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Steering & Suspension Guides

--

See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Need advice: looking to upgrade my Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need advice: looking to upgrade my Suspension

Hello All,

I am going to upgrade my suspension (springs & rear sway bar) and need some advice.

Here are the only options I know of so far:

1) H&R (springs only)
option a) springs (parts - $399.00)
option b) coilovers (parts - $1480.00)
http://www.hrsprings.com/scripts/app...20A6%20Quattro

2) Statis (springs & rear swaybar) - (parts approx $1400 + tax // labor approx $800)
- springs & bar come as a package, don't seems to be available seperately
- has no coilover option for the C7 that I am aware of yet

Now looking at this from the parts perspective, Stasis is a bit overpriced.

-any opinions on springs or coilovers?
-Anyone here have experience with either?
-Is one way better than the other?
-Are there any other options I am not looking at?
-If I get H&R, is there a Rear swaybar I can purchase seperately for the C7?

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by manishaudi; 09-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KW makes coilovers also, Stassis IMO isnt worth the price tag, between springs and coils id always go coils, springs never sit right so your gonna end up going coils eventually so you mine as well save the loss of the springs and get the coils to begin with. Sway bars im not sure id be interested in those too
Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I would think that the S6 sway bars would be heavier than the A6 bars so that might be an option.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll be getting eibach once I can confirm the height. The price should be around $300. Check A7 forum, there is a thread about it and I think it looks better than H&R.

IMO, doing coilovers for A6 is overkilled.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Stasis springs and bar. It's an awesome set up. The ride is firm but not harsh and the cornering is flat and true. I am fairly confident the stasis stuff is made by eibach.
Audi has a history of control arm issues. Warranty service on them could easily be denied with a modified suspension, so the Stasis backup warranty gives me some peace of mind I got a great deal on the Stasis stuff since they used my car for testing up at their HQ and they had to install them anyways. I just told them to leave them on :-)
Old 10-01-2012, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I would think that the S6 sway bars would be heavier than the A6 bars so that might be an option.
That is a good idea, I'll have to ask my service advisor if that is an option

Originally Posted by GotZillaR
I'll be getting eibach once I can confirm the height. The price should be around $300. Check A7 forum, there is a thread about it and I think it looks better than H&R.

IMO, doing coilovers for A6 is overkilled.
thanks, do you have an option for a sway bar? does eibach make one?

Originally Posted by sgroer
I have the Stasis springs and bar. It's an awesome set up. The ride is firm but not harsh and the cornering is flat and true. I am fairly confident the stasis stuff is made by eibach.
Audi has a history of control arm issues. Warranty service on them could easily be denied with a modified suspension, so the Stasis backup warranty gives me some peace of mind I got a great deal on the Stasis stuff since they used my car for testing up at their HQ and they had to install them anyways. I just told them to leave them on :-)
I did not know that about the Audi control arms. do yo know what the regular price of the Stasis Touring Suspension Package is? most of these authorized dealers (aka Audi dealers) are quoting me vastly different numbers.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just completed tracking my A6 at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway this paast weekend. This was the first time on tack with the Stasis touring suspension and brakes. Even thou it was hot the brakes performed great and the suspension was awsome, much less body roll than the sport suspension. The cost of the Stasis sport suspension is $1295 plus installation.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Just completed tracking my A6 at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway this paast weekend. This was the first time on tack with the Stasis touring suspension and brakes. Even thou it was hot the brakes performed great and the suspension was awsome, much less body roll than the sport suspension. The cost of the Stasis sport suspension is $1295 plus installation.
Nice to hear from you again! That's good to hear, I have been wondering how your track adventures have been going.

It's good to get a real world account of it. How is the suspension in daily driving? have any issues getting in and out of parking lots/driveways?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Nice to hear from you again! That's good to hear, I have been wondering how your track adventures have been going.

It's good to get a real world account of it. How is the suspension in daily driving? have any issues getting in and out of parking lots/driveways?
Since the car has been lowered about 3/4" to and inch you do have to keep that in mine. I have not come across any driveways yet caused concern but that is not to say that they are not out there. The ride is firmer but that was expected. To me it is not harsh but firm still comfortable on the freeway's here in SoCal but you do feel the road undulations when they are present. The left lane on the 91 fwy out where I live is not that smooth and yes I can feel it more in the A6 than out Lexus E350 but both cars can feel the uneveniness of that lane. Move over one lane and it is smooth as silk. Maybe some day in the future I can give you a ride.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Since the car has been lowered about 3/4" to and inch you do have to keep that in mine. I have not come across any driveways yet caused concern but that is not to say that they are not out there. The ride is firmer but that was expected. To me it is not harsh but firm still comfortable on the freeway's here in SoCal but you do feel the road undulations when they are present. The left lane on the 91 fwy out where I live is not that smooth and yes I can feel it more in the A6 than out Lexus E350 but both cars can feel the uneveniness of that lane. Move over one lane and it is smooth as silk. Maybe some day in the future I can give you a ride.
Sorry to budge in, but is the drop 3/4-1" from stock non-sport height or from the OEM sport suspension height?

Quick Reply: Need advice: looking to upgrade my Suspension