Suction Pump - wrong version being delivered

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suction Pump - wrong version being delivered

I have been trying to order part 058 133 753D (suction pump). I have received two of them that had a distributors stock label identifying the part as a D version, but the actual part was marked as a B version. The B version has been superseded because (from what I have found on the web) it is prone to clogging and subsequently destroying the oil seals throughout the engine (thousands of $ to fix).

The online vendor I tried buying from has determined that their source is doing the mis-marking and is aware of what they are doing, but do it anyway. They told me that I was the first one to actually notice this problem. The online dealer advertises and invoices the D version. It arrives with a stock control label that says D version. But the part itself is marked B.

It has now taken over three weeks, emails and several phone conversations, with my car still unusable, to determine what is going on. I called a local repair garage that does Audi. They said they had a D version they would sell me. Since the online vendor indicated that it would be a minimum of 1 week to get me the new part, I went for this source. The local garage called back later to indicate that even though the part he had was sold as a D version, it too was a B.

I recommend that anyone that has specifically purchased a D version of the part check what part number is actually molded onto the body of the part. Since these were being replaced because they clog and blow pretty much all of the engine oil seals, this has some serious significance.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And for the privilege of replacing the defective design with one with a slightly larger hole inside, it is an extra $30 (i.e., $50 each).

I am told that if you blow into the smaller piece of the arms of the Y and can't get air through, yours is clogged. Mine was clogged. Even after I cleaned it extensively with solvent.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 PM

I've been searching for info on how this is supposed too work for quite some time. You sir, have finally answered my question.
Thank you