A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

034 Motorsport Springs - real world experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the honest update 5doorS4. Pics of your car are everywhere I've been looking for info on options to lower the Allroad. It's a beautiful car! Congrats. Appreciate your comments on the squeaking in the back. Anyone else experience that?

Turboale: your car looks amazing - very much an S4 Avant look to it. Go for the aluminum/polished mirror caps as well to pull off the look. Great looking car!
Old 03-07-2019, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The ride quality is great and height adjustment makes the car look amazing. Like others I've added a bunch of other 034Motorsports products which take the car beyond just lowering will do (highly recommend).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about any issues unless your upgrade your wheels to 20" maybe 19" but sound like most people report zero rubbing. If you do there is a possibility of rubbing but majority of that comes down to your aspect ratio on your tires. I have 255/35/20 and do rub at times, but others on the same tire size but different brand report no rubbing issues.

I doubt your going to have any issues with stock wheels/tires.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I have had my 034 Springs installed since the end of August and have put the car through all types of scenarios where I’ve had zero running or scraping issues whether it’s just me in the car or it’s fully loaded with gear, luggage, wife, kid and puppy. Both Summer 19” setup and Winter 18” setup I’ve had zero issues lowered on 034. Some scenarios below where the car has performed admirably with no spring or low issues.
-Speed Bumps
-Backroads
-Dirt roads to the Beach
-Winter roads
-Hard cornering (aggressive driving)
-NYC potholes, metal street plates of doom and various other NYC obstacles.
-inclines

Bottom line is I’m very happy. The only “low” I go on my OEM+ vehicles is what I call “wife friendly low” and the 034 springs fall into that category.
Pix

please do tell about the grill....
Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update

I had the new tires (Conti dsw’s) and 19” oem rotors put on today. Center caps from the allroad wheels did not fit, so new ones on order. Pretty dirty, but I can’t seem to keep it clean for longer than 10 minutes around here.

So after about three weeks or so, I would say things have settled in. I think my initial mistake was leaving the car in comfort mode, due to how much more stiff the springs were than stock. Backstory: I came out of a golf R with sports springs and aftermarket shocks, and I’m pretty sure the shocks were done. So the ride was pretty harsh. Moving into the allroad, it felt like magic out of the box. So, I was a little disappointed at first with how things felt.

In comfort mode, the car seemed to bounce over undulations and frost heaves. The dampers just couldn’t keep up with the stiffer shocks. However, in dynamic mode, the dampers were much more responsive. And now with the 19s, in dynamic mode, I would venture to say that things are darn near perfect for me. It feels much like my ‘O2 S6 Avant felt. You definitely feel the sharp bombs, but it’s one hit and done, not three bounces after, like it was in comfort mode. The Conti’s feel great, too. A compromise, for sure, but really good.

I had even thought about canceling my order for the rear sway bar after the initial drive, but I’m ready to go once it is out of back order status. Thumbs up
Old 03-13-2019, 07:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your wagon looks great veloAR! Love the rotors on there too. Appreciate the updated feedback on the springs. The level of the car looks very OEM S-Line-ish - as if it were meant to come that way. Doesn't look slammed.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! What I was aiming for
Old 03-14-2019, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I have had my 034 Springs installed since the end of August and have put the car through all types of scenarios where I’ve had zero running or scraping issues whether it’s just me in the car or it’s fully loaded with gear, luggage, wife, kid and puppy. Both Summer 19” setup and Winter 18” setup I’ve had zero issues lowered on 034. Some scenarios below where the car has performed admirably with no spring or low issues.
-Speed Bumps
-Backroads
-Dirt roads to the Beach
-Winter roads
-Hard cornering (aggressive driving)
-NYC potholes, metal street plates of doom and various other NYC obstacles.
-inclines

Bottom line is I’m very happy. The only “low” I go on my OEM+ vehicles is what I call “wife friendly low” and the 034 springs fall into that category.
Pix

Your car looks incredible and can pass for an Allroad advertisement. Fogs looks good too, but is not something I could/would ever attempt. You and Breadnbooze must be pretty skilled and confident to put the fogs on.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by veloAR

I had the new tires (Conti dsw’s) and 19” oem rotors put on today. Center caps from the allroad wheels did not fit, so new ones on order. Pretty dirty, but I can’t seem to keep it clean for longer than 10 minutes around here.

So after about three weeks or so, I would say things have settled in. I think my initial mistake was leaving the car in comfort mode, due to how much more stiff the springs were than stock. Backstory: I came out of a golf R with sports springs and aftermarket shocks, and I’m pretty sure the shocks were done. So the ride was pretty harsh. Moving into the allroad, it felt like magic out of the box. So, I was a little disappointed at first with how things felt.

In comfort mode, the car seemed to bounce over undulations and frost heaves. The dampers just couldn’t keep up with the stiffer shocks. However, in dynamic mode, the dampers were much more responsive. And now with the 19s, in dynamic mode, I would venture to say that things are darn near perfect for me. It feels much like my ‘O2 S6 Avant felt. You definitely feel the sharp bombs, but it’s one hit and done, not three bounces after, like it was in comfort mode. The Conti’s feel great, too. A compromise, for sure, but really good.

I had even thought about canceling my order for the rear sway bar after the initial drive, but I’m ready to go once it is out of back order status. Thumbs up
Your Allroad looks right at home in the snow. I had the front sway bars and transmission mount installed soon after I bought mine and it makes a small but noticeable difference. I like your mods - has the right look - not gangster at all.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks!

Waiting for the rear sway bar. Had one on my S6 Avant and it really made a nice difference
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by veloAR
Thanks!

Waiting for the rear sway bar. Had one on my S6 Avant and it really made a nice difference
rear sway bar and subframe mounts will really help firm up the backend. It will feel less top heavy and more grounded.

Front strut brace really helps up front too, definitely recommend. I'd also suggest the transmission mount insert it also makes for a smoother/better ride.

Quick Reply: 034 Motorsport Springs - real world experiences