A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Audi A4 Allroad Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cue
You must have been to my profile page as I suggested. I need to update it. Those pictures are about a year or two old. Since then, I've color matched the wheel arches, sills and bumpers, upgraded to S5 calipers and cross drilled rotors, upgraded the intercooler, and replaced the front grill with an RS4 replica honeycomb grill.

I work for a German company, and travel to Germany often. I either buy them direct when I'm there, or buy from e-acca.com (wholesale prices on OEM parts) or ebay. The autohold button I bought from kaufatec.com. The warning triangle part number is 000 093 055 AA
Haha yeah, nice. Tasteful modifications. I probably want to change the wheels later on when these tires are finished and I happen to find the right wheels for the B9 Chassis.

Are there shipping or duties from E-acca.com? I placed an order by accident but haven't entered payment yet. I'm guessing the order won't process? But it says the order was placed??
Old 12-19-2023, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

a

Last edited by allroad_allday; 12-24-2023 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-24-2023, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome and following!

Old 12-28-2023, 12:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Successfully updated my MMI's Software from MHI2Q_US_AUG22_P4171 (MU Software 1118) to MHI2Q_US_AUG22_P5087 (MU Software 1316) Many have stated that you need to BE CAREFUL with the B&O Sub settings, This is false for a B9 Allroad and another Q5/SQ5 Owner. My Dealer wanted $255 + Tax to do the update. Cost me nothing to do the work. Big win there

This firmware update has solved the notorious issue with the Top View Camera Function to Default back to the PDC Graphic. Further, appears to have fixed the CarPlay Source Issue where the Virtual Cockpit would hang onto Bluetooth Audio. I have also magically got Google Maps to work in my car!

I'm not sure if this is because I had signed up for a Sirius Trial for 3 Months on the Car for Free (No Credit Card Required by the way). I looked into whether this is a feature of SiriusXM Platinum but I don't believe it's associated with it,
nor do I have Audi MyConnect Subscription on the car. And currently installed MIB Pre-V3.7.1 - MHIG Edition. Enabled Video in Motion, and the ability to view Maps with CarPlay connected, as it was previously just a compass.

It is quite a tedious process to install the new firmware, mib, and now the 2024 Map Update. This thread has helped a lot in obtaining maps and MMI software updates; shall explain more about it another day.

Also enabled EU Parking Lights, great if you need to double park for a second or are stranded on the side of the road in case of an emergency or flat. Moving the indicator stock to a specific side allows for the parking lights to be lit, with the dash notifying you of your parking lights being on.

Enabled Tourist Mode just for the sake of it. Doesn't do anything since these aren't the Matrix Lights/Additional Coding may be required

The following users liked this post:
d.bancroft (01-05-2024)
Old 12-28-2023, 12:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here is my finalized list of coding
  • Acoustic Unlock
  • Add DRL fade to Turn Signal
  • Extend Key Fob Range
  • Extend Key Fob Windows Down
  • Lock on Ignition
  • Turning off side orange/amber marker lights
  • Scandinavian DRLs
  • Adaptive Brake Lights
  • Enable Laptime in DIS and HUD
  • Combine 360 View with OPS View on MMI
  • Disable the Seatbelt Chime - Change to EU
  • Allow Navigation Panning while Driving
  • Increase Delay for Driver Inactivity for Lane Assist
  • Handbrake up, DRL Off
  • Disable Ignition On Warning when Door is Open
  • Dual Speedometer Disabled
  • Video In Motion
  • Disable Automatic Unlock after Park
  • Late Lane Keep Assist Threshold
  • Low Beam with High Beam
  • Enabled Maps in VC with CarPlay
  • Disabled all NHTSA Speed Settings for CarPlay and Android Auto
  • Automatic Parking Brake
  • Tourist Mode
  • EU Parking Lights
  • A/C Eco - Cycle Car for the program to be recognized
I did more than just this, but didn't write them all down while coding. I wanted to keep the coding to being practical as I wanted them to optimize my driving experience.

I removed the following because...
Extended Key Range Disabled the Remote Trunk Closure
Unlock Chirp was Kinda Unnecessary in my use reasons. All I care is if the car is locked
Scandinavian DRLS... were not in Scandinavia lol
Lap Timer? Who am I racing.

Last edited by allroad_allday; 06-21-2024 at 08:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by allroad_allday:
Bearrun21 (12-28-2023), EJM$ (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Updated to 2024 Maps Successfully Today! Thank you @Moffacake

Looking for the Virtual Cockpit Update now, 0417

Not sure if it's worth updating to 0317 to 0319? Anyone chime in? On HW18

I don't have the problem most people update for like how the VC does not remember the tab. BUT I can appreciate the optimization of the MMI to run smoother than it currently is.

These MAP files are courtesy of Moffacake and DO NOT BELONG TO ME.

The link for the maps are HERE
Password: moffacake

You will need MIB 3.7.1 (Currently the latest version as of December 28, 2023) to enable an unlimited activation key for all future map updates.

RUN A BACKUP PRIOR TO DOING ANYTHING
Run the patch [license keys] (Patch is already embedded into the patch file that you put into the folder)
Remove the SD Card after shutting the car down
Then place your NAVI Update SD Card into the SD1 Slot Again. This process varies between your map update (RdW, NAR, etc.) and your Card's Read and Write Speeds.

I highly recommend leaving the car running, going for a drive, or leave the car running with the ignition lock on (Need OBDeleven to Enable). Not worth the risk of running the update on the battery itself.
Consider a little bit of gas an expense when updating maps and/or firmware.

I also added detection for Speed Camera (Which are just red light camera POI symbols in the map) - The update was very fast 2min.

Dual Navigation is really nice (Compass when in CarPlay or Android Auto Mode), something that was annoying for me initially when I got the car. I was like WHY????

Last edited by allroad_allday; 12-28-2023 at 02:27 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by allroad_allday:
d.bancroft (01-05-2024), EJM$ (12-29-2023), Thrilla (12-30-2023)
Old 03-25-2024, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the pedals? I’ve been searching all over and only options I find that are real are like $200
Old 03-26-2024, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

^^^ sent PM

Old 06-21-2024, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FriskyTV
Where did you get the pedals? I’ve been searching all over and only options I find that are real are like $200
I got the pedals at a Parts Dismantler and was able to talk them down a bit on the price.

I am still on the hunt for a replacement screen at the moment for the MMI.

I've converted the Mirrors to EU Spec, where the passenger side mirror is technically the same as the US, but now am on the hunt to get a wide-angle variant for the passenger side. Did not help to be technically right here.

Still want to do Matrix Lights up front, maybe EU Taillights one day.

Old 07-02-2024, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

it would be great if everyone could share where they bought what they bought for their audi.

I appreciate your help!