A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Audi WiFi

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Audi WiFi

So for the first six months, I never used the AR's WiFi capabilities, because I didn't want to get used to using something I had no interest in paying for. I never signed in, set up a password, or anything like that.

My six month grace period is long gone, and now I find myself being propositioned daily to enter the password when I connect my iPhone. Not sure why that is happening, and how to make it stop.

I was surprised to have the option to update my NAV system maps for my region the other day. That update went smoothly- not sure it was across a WiFi connection or otherwise.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

within the MMI, you can turn on and off the "notify me when subscription is due" prompt (can't recall the exact wording but it is something to that effect)
Old 01-04-2018, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
within the MMI, you can turn on and off the "notify me when subscription is due" prompt (can't recall the exact wording but it is something to that effect)
I think this might be different. I keep getting notices on my phone as I plug in, asking me for the password to the Audi WiFi. The strange thing is that I had never initiated it.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Go to the telephone menu, right option menu, WiFi settings, then turn off the Hotspot.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh thanks. I was initially excited about the prospect of a rolling wifi hotspot, but Audi doesn't make it very clear that it is only free for six months.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
Oh thanks. I was initially excited about the prospect of a rolling wifi hotspot, but Audi doesn't make it very clear that it is only free for six months.
It says it right on the window sticker of the car, on their site, and in your MyAudi Portal (you can also control the subscription from within here too). If you signed up for the trial yourself, it also tells you when you initially register that the trial period is 6 months. Some dealers set the wifi stuff up for people, so the trial is also part of that conversation. Some dealers do not.