A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Removing rear cargo cover-2024 MY

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Removing rear cargo cover-2024 MY

Can someone comment on the ease of removing the automated rear cargo cover as I’m waiting arrival on my allroad and the dealer hasn’t been very helpful other than saying it’s a simple procedure.
My dog will be riding back there on a regular basis so I’d like to remove the cover from the equation. I know it was very simple on previous allroad models but now that it’s automated I’m wondering if there’s any issues and how simple a procedure it is.
Thanks for any tips, fellow dog owners unite!
Old 09-11-2023, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

It is easy. This video may give you an idea. The cargo divider may be of interest with a dog.

https://youtu.be/e4YtxMmakns?si=zWsXf-Ic3iMrfKIo
The following users liked this post:
mikeru (09-13-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by liqwid
It is easy. This video may give you an idea. The cargo divider may be of interest with a dog.

https://youtu.be/e4YtxMmakns?si=zWsXf-Ic3iMrfKIo
Appreciate the response.
Previously watched that video but it pertains to the earlier model that does not have the motorized cargo cover that is used in the 2020+ MY allroads. For my purpose I wish the 2024 utilized the same style as that is very simple to remove & reinstall.
Hopefully the motorized/automatic versions are just as simple but I haven’t been able to find a video addressing it.
Maybe a fellow dog owner will chime in as I’m sure there are others who travel with their dogs.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,759 Posts

It's in the owner's manual. Seems no different from the normal config. The cover itself simply attaches to the guides in the d-pillar. So detach and process it the same as normal.

There is a grid partition accessory, 8W9 017 221, but Audi won't sell it in the US. There is still the standard net partition, 8W9 861 691 A 6PS. No idea if it's included by default anymore.
Muddypond (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SMac770
No idea if it's included by default anymore.
Edit: the partition still is
Muddypond (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 385 Likes on 293 Posts

As SMac770 notes, the removal instructions are in the owner's manual. And your dealer is correct. On my 2021 removal was simple. No need for a video. I removed it in 2021 about 2 weeks after I got the car because it was always in the way when I dropped the rear seats for loading stuff. Its been stored some place in the garage since 2021 and I forgot that I had one until I saw this post.
Muddypond (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muddypond
Appreciate the response.
Previously watched that video but it pertains to the earlier model that does not have the motorized cargo cover that is used in the 2020+ MY allroads. For my purpose I wish the 2024 utilized the same style as that is very simple to remove & reinstall.
Hopefully the motorized/automatic versions are just as simple but I haven’t been able to find a video addressing it.
Maybe a fellow dog owner will chime in as I’m sure there are others who travel with their dogs.
I rewatched that video, the cargo cover attaches in my ‘23 the exact same way. That video looks like it has the same motorized cover mine has.
Muddypond (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you all for the information and confirming it’s a very simple process.
@142 guy - mine will be removed on day one and put in the back of my work shop where I seem to have a collection of them from all previously owned vehicles.
Maybe one day I’ll post them up on eBay and recoup a few bucks.
I’ll keep an eye open for the partition as well.
Dealer tells me car is scheduled for December arrival, can’t wait.
Thanks again guys, much appreciated!
Old 09-11-2023, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,759 Posts

The partition net is pretty cool. If it's still like it was in the B8 wagon, you mount it to the back of the rear seats. Then you can either raise it to the hook points behind the rear doors, or you can set the rear seats down and raise it to the hook points in front of the rear doors. Ie, you can partition off the cargo space in either rear seat orientation.
Muddypond (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SMac770
The partition net is pretty cool. If it's still like it was in the B8 wagon, you mount it to the back of the rear seats. Then you can either raise it to the hook points behind the rear doors, or you can set the rear seats down and raise it to the hook points in front of the rear doors. Ie, you can partition off the cargo space in either rear seat orientation.
This sounds like a great feature for those with dogs as at times they do to try and stick their head over the seats into the passenger area which can be annoying. If it’s not included I’ll be looking at purchase options.
Sounds like Audi gave it some thought when designing this feature.

Quick Reply: Removing rear cargo cover-2024 MY