A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Xpel works

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Xpel works

I posted this on the A4 section, but since I have an Allroad and that's where my affection/affliction is, I'd figure I'd post here also.

Soooooooooo, I'm driving home from Martha's Vineyard yesterday afternoon somewhere on the Pike in Connecticut, left lane doing about 75mph, mid lane a small truck carrying some type of cart is ahead of me in the middle lane and a small flag on a wooden pole breaks lose and hits the front bumper of my car. Not a big boom - not a big pole, but I knew I was hit. When I got home I took a look see and a few scrapes in a couple of places on the bumper. Took a damp microfiber cloth and a few swipes was good as new. If I did not have Xpel, I think at the least I'd be looking at compounding to get the scratches out, maybe something more than that if it went through the clear-coat and paint.
I would recommend it in a heartbeat for anyone who buys their car and does a lot of highway driving. Is it worth the cost? Your call, but for me it sure is.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Say Yes to PPF

Originally Posted by bob m
I posted this on the A4 section, but since I have an Allroad and that's where my affection/affliction is, I'd figure I'd post here also.

Soooooooooo, I'm driving home from Martha's Vineyard yesterday afternoon somewhere on the Pike in Connecticut, left lane doing about 75mph, mid lane a small truck carrying some type of cart is ahead of me in the middle lane and a small flag on a wooden pole breaks lose and hits the front bumper of my car. Not a big boom - not a big pole, but I knew I was hit. When I got home I took a look see and a few scrapes in a couple of places on the bumper. Took a damp microfiber cloth and a few swipes was good as new. If I did not have Xpel, I think at the least I'd be looking at compounding to get the scratches out, maybe something more than that if it went through the clear-coat and paint.
I would recommend it in a heartbeat for anyone who buys their car and does a lot of highway driving. Is it worth the cost? Your call, but for me it sure is.
Bob,

We're happy to hear your Audi is okay after the incident. It's amazing what sort of things can fly up on the highway. Just yesterday on another forum someone said that a speed limit sign flew up and hit their car. The actual sign. The XPEL saved the day on that car too. We want to thank you for sharing your experience by offering a free XPEL SWAG PACK. If you're interested, email me directly (mdobbins@xpel.com) with your t-shirt size and shipping info so we can get that order placed. Thanks again for your support and we're glad your paint is okay.

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL Marketing Manager
mdobbins@xpel.com