A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

"Lemons"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2000, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Lemons"

Well, since everyone is talking about "lemons", yours truly just got finished with Subaru of America regarding transmission problems in my old 98RS.

Will not go into full detail (since there maybe a lawyer from SOA lurking around), but, I don't want to have to go thru lemon law again, especially with a Japanese manufacturer. Will not get "funds" until they get the title of the RS....10-12 weeks from now (want "funds" to re-finance my audi loan).

As for the Audi, well, it's sad when I only had to take my car (brought a used 97 1.8q auto)back to the dealership once, after driving 1,200 miles to reach the 37.5k mile service, compared with the three times within 2,000 miles when I drove the RS off the lot (to deal with alignment problems).

IT'S really sad that the quality of my "used" Audi is much better than the RS when it was new. The wind noise is NOTHING compared to the wind noise I had in the RS. And at 80mph driving down the Sure-kill...opps, Schuykyll expressway, the Audi drives solid like a rock, unlike my old RS.

Friday, I will discuss ten reasons why I "hate" my Audi, for example

10. I "hate" my Audi because it makes me realize all the past poor car choices I made (except for the Merkur Xr4ti)
Old 12-20-2000, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I would like to add to that! I went to the dealership 12 times in...

4000 miles for JUST the truck problems....nearly everytime I went the truck was damaged by the apes who worked on it. I had to bring it back many more times to have scratches removed, interior parts replaced (tore off) mirrors replaced (broken off), detailed (grease stains on seats, carpets, door panels) rear window replaced with a cheap slider (they did that on mistake) What a fricken joke!!!
Old 12-20-2000, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dealership personel

True story.....took the RS in for a oil change. THAT went well, but when the service guy went to go get my car for me to drive off, something funny/sad/potentially dangerous happened.

First, he gets out of the car...forgetting to put the car in PARK!!!! Instead, the car was in reverse (and yes, this was an automatic)...so as he is getting out the car...the car is going slowly backwards towards a lift that had a buick on it. He somehow manages to jump back in, hit the brakes, and puts it in park. He did all of this RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!

Needless to say, he did not have that job for long, because on my next several visits...he was not there.