A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

$1600 for an Alignment and Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $1600 for an Alignment and Oil Change

Stay away from John Holtz in Rochester, NY. I took my car in a few weeks ago to get a bunch of work done (timing belt, rear diff seals, 60k service, alignment) It turns out they didnt do anything but the oil change and the alignment and maybe the timing belt. I brought the car to a mechanic friend of mine today to try and figure out why one of my brakes was dragging, and when it was up there we noticed that the rear end wasnt even touched - still full of oil, not a single mark on any nuts or bolts, nothing done to it. I can't get in there to see if they did the timing belt service or not -- it doesnt look like anything was touched, and there isnt a water pump listed on the parts list.

I'm going to them on Monday and see how they react, I'm pretty pissed off right now.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:14 PM
FAQ Author

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dang. call AoA and maybe get with frog.check with him if stuff will be listed on the papers
Old 03-19-2005, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've heard some bad things about them too

I almost brought my car there but after reading those reviews I'm going someplace else. The link has a bunch of reviews of stealerships and you can filter them out by zip code

oh and if you paid with a credit card you might want to call them up and stop payment<ul><li><a href="http://1.8t.org/dealers/">reviews of dealers</a></li></ul>
Old 03-19-2005, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Some States allow tripple the damages they tried to rip-you off for. Document everything.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pac1085
Stay away from John Holtz in Rochester, NY. I took my car in a few weeks ago to get a bunch of work done (timing belt, rear diff seals, 60k service, alignment) It turns out they didnt do anything but the oil change and the alignment and maybe the timing belt. I brought the car to a mechanic friend of mine today to try and figure out why one of my brakes was dragging, and when it was up there we noticed that the rear end wasnt even touched - still full of oil, not a single mark on any nuts or bolts, nothing done to it. I can't get in there to see if they did the timing belt service or not -- it doesnt look like anything was touched, and there isnt a water pump listed on the parts list.

I'm going to them on Monday and see how they react, I'm pretty pissed off right now.
I agree, I doubt they even do half of the work they claim they do on your vehicle. A few times I had my vehicle returned with most of my reservoir's lids open, even the coolant one, all liquids splashed around the engine area.. a dent in the driver door that I haven't seeing before but it was pointed out to me.. and vehicle was grease smelly inside although I asked them to wrap my seat and steering wheel in plastic before servicing.. most likely it never happened. The outside was dirty as when given yet in final bill it reads: Your car has been washed courtesy of john holtz! John Holtz Service lacks on workmanship quality and poor overall service personnel performance, not to mention the lack of cleanliness in the shop, they should go next door to Dorschell Lexus and see what their place should look and run like.

Audi should have them audited although I am afraid they would close their service operations.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I try to not even buy parts there!! Took mine in to get scanned and they wanted like 125 labor and for me to leave it for the DAY.....
They tend to be very "prissy" and "as a matter of Fact" there. Too bad as I THINK they are the only audi dealer here in rochester. Thank goodness many other european shops in the area to service audi and vw.

SInce this is sort of region specific. Any of you guys have a vag com? Looking to get my codes read. Went to auto zone for a free one as I just failed NYS inspection with an EGR code and i think I have it fixed but my cel light does nt work on dash and their tool did NOT fit in my socket. I have bought a cheapo third party tool for vag com but cant see to get working. My bad. Thanks
didnt mean to hijack the thread..but holtz not a honost bunch..its all about the MONEY not what helps a customer!!
Todd
Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Fubar... Call the BBB?