A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

*** HELP *** My car is in my garage and won't start! Does anyone have any ideas? ....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-1999, 04:21 AM
Brad Bilut

Default *** HELP *** My car is in my garage and won't start! Does anyone have any ideas? ....

I got up to go to work this morning and my car just cranks & cranks & cranks with no sign of life. I called Audi Mobility and they told me to try cranking the engine with the gas cap off and the gas to the floor for 10 seconds three times. I tried that with no success!<p>I drove my car on Saturday and on Sunday I started it to pull it out of the garage, then pulled it back in a few hours later.<p>Anyone have any ideas, I'll be waiting here for three hours for Audi service to show up at my house. 7:20 Central<p>Thanks!<p>Brad Bilut <br>non-functioning 98.5 Audi A4 2.8Qtip
Old 01-18-1999, 04:42 AM
DaveL

Default Re: *** HELP *** My car is in my garage and won't start! Does anyone have any ideas? ....

I don't know the solution, but I believe this has happened to others before.<br>Starting the car, moving a short distance, and then turning it off again seems to be the common thread to this situation.<p>Try searchig the archives for other posts.<br>Dave<br>
Old 01-18-1999, 04:42 AM
DaveL

Default Re: *** HELP *** My car is in my garage and won't start! Does anyone have any ideas? ....

I don't know the solution, but I believe this has happened to others before.<br>Starting the car, moving a short distance, and then turning it off again seems to be the common thread to this situation.<p>Try searchig the archives for other posts.<br>Dave<br>
Old 01-18-1999, 05:21 AM
Brad Bilut

Default It started Thanks to archived forums........

I saw that a few others have experienced this problem, with a short start the day prior & possibly some error code stored in computer. One guy fixed his problem by rolling his car out of his garage. ?????<p>I figured I would roll my car out of my gargage and disconnect my battery and reconnect it. After I did my car started up after about two seconds of cranking. After starting white some was coming out of my exhaust for about a minute. It looked like water vapor. I could also smell gas. I probably had a lot of condensation in my exhaust from my breif start the day prior and I'm sure engine was running rich because I reset computer.<p>I don't know, it's running! <p>Does anyone have any info about this cold weather breif start problem?<p>Thanks!<p>Brad Bilut<br>Running 98.5 Audi A4 2.8Qtip