A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

(*^%(^%(&*(*^)&% INSURANCE COMPANIES.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Joey T

Default (*^%(^%(&*(*^)&% INSURANCE COMPANIES.

I just hit my fooking limit.

Neither insurance company will accept liability for my car.

I was rear ended by a girl who was rear ended by a girl who claims the phantom car from Scooby Doo caused the entire thing.

I just fired off phone calls to my lawyer, the NY State Insurance Department.

And my lawyer just called, he can probably help but it will cost me and I will generally not get those fee's returned.

His suggestion is to take the girl that hit me to small claims court.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Wow, so your insurance won't cover it either? How can the insurance of hte car that hit you...

clam no fault? Not like you reversed into her..

I hate insurance companies too.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 AM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ummm isnt it YOUR insurance companies responsibility to get the money

from the other insurance company? Just make a claim with them.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is YOUR insurance company?

Mine would pay and then go after the guilty party(s). Isn't that what yours should do?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Joey T

Default What does the word comprehensive mean to you?

Shame on me, I trusted my agent.

I called and asked for full coverage when I re-registered the A4.

I got comprehensive. Which, as far as I can tell, is *not* comprehensive.

I am covered for attacks by aliens, hail/wind damage, vandalism... but not any kind of car accident.

Why? Because at 90% of the cost of full coverage my agent sold me comprehensive, and had much less potential liability.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Joey T

Default OK.. Joey<Jamie<Bimbo.

Driving down the road in that order.

Bimbo hits Jamie, who then hits me.

Jamie's insurance says " We were pushed, nothing I can do for you. " Bimbo's company says " Our car never touched you, nothing we can do for you. "
Old 08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did the police report say? Did it place blame on one specific car?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Joey T

Bimbo got a ticket.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry to hear....

Insurance Co.s and the legal system are great until you have to use them. Without going into a diatribe, I hope an officer at the scene wrote a report up stating what you mentioned. Its hard to even get them to do that though. Hope it works out for you, that is just poor form on the ins. co's part.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I remember a story of AW members, with a similar situation

I do not remember the full details of the story nor the outcome, from an insurance perspective. But you might want to contact RKA for the details.

During a GTG many years ago, RKA got rearended on the GW bridge, and he was plowed into Rich W's car.

You really need to go after Jamie's insurance company with more force. She was "following too closely," which resulted in the collision with your car. THIS IS IRREFUTABLE. Don't take no for an answer. If they don't like it, then they can sue the other driver's insurance company. They are fully aware that they are liable to pay for your damages. But they are hoping that you will go away in frustation. Play along. Heck -- even be polite and professional with them. You are a businessman, I know that you can do it.
Say to the claims rep, "I know that your client was hit. But the end result is that she hit me, which automatically makes her liable for my damages. I am prepared to take this to court if necessary."

In addition to RKA &amp; Rich W's case, I also have other friends who have been in similar accidents. The insurance company of the middle car paid for the damages to the car in front, and then sued the insurance company of the rear car which caused the accident.

You just have to be foreful and don't give up.

Good luck,
P.

PS Even though you do not have collision coverage on your car, you can still put your insurance agent to work. Have them find out any information which you might need -- names, contact info, for the other drivers, or insurance companies. You can even have them make phonecalls or write letters on your behalf. If they are not willing to work with you, then find another insurance company.

Here's a story for you... I got into an accident back in college. The other guy had State Farm. I had Allstate but only liability. So I put my claim in directly with the other guy's State Farm agent. The agent and the company were so helpful, that when it came time for me to get new insurance, I went with State Farm.

Quick Reply: (*^%(^%(&*(*^)&% INSURANCE COMPANIES.