A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

•••BOYCOTT Autobahn International!•••

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-1999, 12:04 PM
Dane Taylor

Default •••BOYCOTT Autobahn International!•••

I placed an order across the net for a Kehei Grille. Placed my credit card info. I never recieved any order status and 1 week later my card is charged. I call 2 days later to find out if it has shipped and the guys give me the "customs" runaround. Give them 7 days. I did. They gave me the same answer today. I had the guy cancel my order and credit my card. My point is. They are horrible as far as customer service goes. I asked specifically if the grill was available when I ordered it and they said it was. I ordered. And till this day I have no documentation on the order. I just have a bank statement and a bunch of bull**** from their Customer Service. I have searched the A4 forums for more complaints like mine and have come up with quite a few. It is bad business and I encourage all A4.org readers to take their business elsewhere and dont take their ****.
Old 11-16-1999, 12:41 PM
Someone who's been here 3 years...

Default My card was charged >$700 w/o a receipt or invoice, no product!

nt
Old 11-16-1999, 12:43 PM
Same someone

Default BTW, you can grab my IP if you doubt this thread's validity...

nt
Old 11-16-1999, 01:11 PM
Jeff K

Default Similar Experience! (more)

I waited 6 weeks for an A!AvantGarde sport grille. After getting the SAME vague answer every time I called for an order status, I cancelled the order. It took another TWO weeks and FOUR more phone calls to get them to drop the charge on my card. Possibly the WORST customer service I've ever encountered!

Jeff K

'99 1.8TQM APR 1.0 Bar, APR/Borla Exhaust, A! Sport Grille (purchased elsewhere!)
Old 11-16-1999, 01:58 PM
Reggie

Default Similar experience - but they have not credited my account for $533 for a Remus Muffler never .

never shipped since I ordered in May. I just sent a notice to Amex to have this billing removed from my account.

They too lied about getting me the part and also billed me immediately without telling me they were going to do so.

APR sold me a Remus for less and provided excellent updated info on my order status.

They seem personable on the phone, but something is definately wrong. I would not trust them ever again myself. Perhaps others have had better experiences.
Old 11-16-1999, 03:12 PM
Rich L.

Default I had an imperfect but good experience.

I ordered clear side blinkers and a VDO boost gauge from them. The gauge came right away but without the blinkers. The invoice listed both items and charges for both.

I called and they said the blinkers were back-ordered and would take another week. They came a week later as promised.

Rich L.
99 1.8TAQMS
Old 11-16-1999, 03:24 PM
goku

Operated from home with inventory in the garage..what do u expect?
Old 11-16-1999, 03:46 PM
Goku

HEY! Get a new name. Goku is mine!
Old 11-16-1999, 04:16 PM
Sunny Thomas

Default Re: •••BOYCOTT Autobahn International!•••

Goku, you are a liar, we are not operating from home or out of our garage. We have a legitimate brick and mortar store. I would suggest that if anyone has problems or has not had proper resolution to their situations, they call us and let us know. For Reggie, I thought this was done a long time ago. Why haven't you let me know? I will be more than happy to take care of this for you. For Mr. Kollman, I believe you are stretching the truth here a bit. As to Mr. NT, I have no idea who you are. Maybe if you were a little more forthcoming with your identity, we could straighten things out. As to Mr. Taylor, he has barely waited a week for his product, he never asked for availability that I know of - he placed the order over the Internet so he didn't speak to anyone. As you all are aware A!AVANTGARDE products can be hard to come by and sometimes one just has to wait. We are not the importers. Last year, A!AVANTGARDE went out of business and was bought by D&W and business was disrupted for some time. We are all doing the best we can. This is not the place for whining and acting like a crybaby. If you've got a problem, let's talk about it. Due to the overwhelming problems with obtaining A!AVANTGARDE, we will no longer be offering these products. My feelings are really hurt. You guys don't know the truth, you don't have any idea how this all works, and you bad mouth people without even giving them a chance to correct the situation.
Old 11-16-1999, 04:57 PM
DaveL

Default No complaints here....

Although my items were shipped separately due to a back order on clear side markers, Sunny was responsive and kept me informed via email.

Posting your expereinces is one thing...but screaming Boycott is not fair to Autobahn.

Quick Reply: •••BOYCOTT Autobahn International!•••