A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2.8 vacuum hose recall questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.8 vacuum hose recall questions...

Have any people with supercharged 2.8 engines brought their cars in to the dealership to have the recalled vacuum hose replaced? Were there any problems or issues with the supercharger?

Does that vacuum hose still exist on the engine after the supercharger kit is installed?

Will the dealership have problems checking the car, since the ECU is different than stock (and I don't even know how a vacuum hose would work on a car that's running boost...)

Is there a possibility that the dealership will replace other 'defective' parts (ECU, etc.) without notifying me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-14-2002, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm...what vacuum hose are they replacing it with?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:37 AM

Default I have no idea...I guess you haven't had yours fixed?

The recall notice just says:
"Audi has found that the vacuum line connecting the engine's secondary air control injection combination valves may become brittle and crack, allowing air to enter the vacuum system thereby exceeding emission standards."

"Authorized Audi dealers have been supplied with detailed instructions to replace the affected vacuum line with a vacuum line of improved material. Sufficient replacement parts are available at your authorized Audi dealer."

"The necessary work will take approximately one hour and will, of course be free of charge."
Old 08-14-2002, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heh...I replaced mine long ago...

Its no big deal to change yourself.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Didnt get a notice in the mail, but they performed the service on my last visit...

...someone else was looking for the part number, which I can get later this evening when I'm home.

I run with my covers off, but cant honestly tell which hoses they replaced. Funny that its related to the air injection, cause the bungholes left that disconnected when they serviced my car. (Which I mentioned in the post-service phone calls from Audi and the dealership.)
Old 08-14-2002, 08:59 AM

Do you have a supercharger?
Old 08-14-2002, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No...but he keeps wishin
Old 08-14-2002, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, yeah, I'm getting there. Still have some ?'s about software, but I'll cross that bridge later.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:50 AM

Default That doesn't help remove the "RECALL" status on your car [more]

My understanding is that unless the service is done at an "authorized" Audi dealership, your car will still have a recall status pending (I'm guessing it would show up at the Motor Vehicles Division when I try to renew my car's registration--especially if I were to try and register my car in California). Is that a potential problem...for example if I move to California, or if I sell the car to someone else, and they find out that it's been recalled and never officially fixed?<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1305423.phtml">Authorized dealership must perform recall service</a></li></ul>
Old 08-14-2002, 09:54 AM

Default Yes, I'm G2ified and had mine replaced last week...

the hose still exists, it isfor secndary air injection blah blah blah...I had no issues with the recall and the SC. It's exhaust / emissions related so they have to fix it under federal law.

Quick Reply: 2.8 vacuum hose recall questions...