A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2.8L 30V Head Job Done (Dont use aft mkt tensioner!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: And another update.

Our phone numbers and contact:

Scott Drozd
Sales Manager
scottd@fcpgroton.com
877-634-0063 ext 202

President, Nick Bauer
Nick@fcpgroton.com
877-634-0063 ext 201

We have never refused to help ANYONE!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Email if you are interested.

A majority of the components in our Audi and Volkswagen timing belt kits come directly from Northside. In fact, if JP checks the tracking number on the replacement tensioner- you will see it came via dropship from Northside.

"Joey, who do you order from? Do you use Northside at all? For the amount of work you do, you should"
Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Joey T

Default Correct. You refunded

the cost of one tensioner, but the customer has paid you for two. You will not refund the cost of the first tensioner because it was part of the kit. You have offered nothing for his labor of doing the job three times more than required. As a professional tech I will not purchase from a company that doesn't stand behind their products. Even if you attatch no value to his time, the cost of the tow and driving 150 miles to do it again puts him into the price of a kit from a reputable company. Two of them. I have never purchased from FCP becuase I like to buy quality parts and do the job once.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Correct. You refunded

For every part we sell, we offer a variety of manufacturers. If we sell an aftermarket control arm kit, we also offer the customer either Febi/ Bilstein or the Meyle HD at a higher price.
Same goes with any components or kits we sell. If anyone calls and asks us the manufacturer on a particular kit , or components in a kit- we simply check our physical inventory and list the manufacturers. If they don't like a particular brand, we quote them alternatives we can source.
We always give customers a choice. If there is a timing belt kit with a no-name or indistinguishable brand tensioner, we will quote with NTN, Ruiville, SKF etc.

We are just a retailer. We do not manufacturer the parts and in most circumstances we do not even buy directly from the manufacturer. We buy from the wholesalers that you are suggesting to use in place of us. We buy from over 43 vendors across the US and surrounding countries.

It is a policy that we do not cover labor, in fact I don't think there are any online outfitters that cover labor. That issue would be take up directly with the manufacturer of the part. There is no way for FCP to monitor or Q.C. every part that goes out of our facility on a day to day basis- even though we wish we could.
We have a uniform policy in place. If anyone disagreed with the policy that the customer service rep here is enforcing, they always have the option to talk to a manager like myself.

In fact, like I stated before, we get complaints on a variety of parts. When JP received his "NTN OEM replacement" that we mailed out free of charge, we corresponded and he told me he refused to put an aftermarket part on his vehicle- and that he wanted OEM. The part was an original equipment NTN Tensioner, which is the brand that supplies Audi/VW.

Like I stated before, we are just an e-commerce retailer trying to establish ourselves as a reputable source for replacement parts. There are just some things that are out of our hands. I can only fix so much by monitoring boards. If no one is reaching out personally to me and working with us to solve a problem, how can we help?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Joey T

Default I am not speaking of JP

I am speaking of the guy who lives across the street from me. Certainly you know who I am talking about?

Or have you had even *more* tensioner failures than these two customers?

I am out of this conversation, I have nothing to gain as I did not install any failed parts. Had my neighbor come to me, he would have gotten quality parts at the same price he paid you. And had he followed my advice, he would have not had the second failure.

Then he would have been hundreds of dollars ahead, and three days time ahead.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:42 AM

Default Re: I am not speaking of JP

Joey T,

This is the source of my frustration. I have no idea who you are talking about. I have only personally spoken to JP, and I have since tried my best to rectify the issues. The owner Nick has not spoken to anymore in regards to any Audi/VW tensioner issues. We don't hide emails or our contact information, and if someone calls and asks to speak to a manger, no questions asked they will get either Nick or myself

I did not know about this thread before I started to correspond with JP. I overhead my rep and questioned him. I immediately called to do my due diligence and find a solution.

If anyone needed to talk to Nick or I, we are not hard to get a hold of. But if no one ever contacts us, how do we know there is even an issue?

Since the issue arose with JP I have contacted JP and immediately shipped an OEM Tensioner, we changed every kit that has that part number in question to NTN, and still currently trying to work with everyone here to express our concern.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Joey T

Default Might want to inform all your sales reps of the issue

And find out how many failures you have had. It looks like there are at least two that the sales manager is unaware of
Old 12-31-2008, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

NTN Tension failed on my car.