A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2 SPEEDING TICKETS IN 1 MONTH 95mph & 80mph ADVICE PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-1998, 06:38 PM
Joe N

Default I've had enough of this!

When will traffic law be assosiated with saftey? We need to form a traffic law Special Interest Group. These laws have got to change. I am ready to leave this crappy country.<p>Jessy the Brain Ventura 2000
Old 12-16-1998, 07:31 PM
stanj

Default Did you know that the US seems to be the only place to base insurance on tickets?

At least in Europe, the only thing that counts are your claims. You have many, bad news. You have none, great. Driving fast and getting caught does not necessarily make you a bad driver, nor a higher risk to the insurance company. The cops may take your license away, but the insurance doesn't mind.<p>I wonder what ever will / did happen to my 114mph ticket - I mean, how much over the POSTED speed limit was it, if there was no speed limit?<p>Confused,<br>- Stan<br>
Old 12-16-1998, 07:50 PM
Gunther

Default Re: 2 SPEEDING TICKETS IN 1 MONTH 95mph & 80mph ADVICE PLEASE!!

I would send my insurance man/woman a really nice basket this year...and slow your a** down
Old 12-16-1998, 08:26 PM
RSF

EUROPA BLUE...both tickets I was paced at night. Radar reading might have sent me to jail
Old 12-16-1998, 08:39 PM
RSF

thanks Phil, just what I was looking for!! If it works I owe you one....BIG TIME!
Old 12-16-1998, 09:20 PM
Alphonse

Default Pay More!!! NO points!!! And keep it down!

Pay more then you owe... If ticket is $200 pay $205. They will see the dicrepency cash the check and send you a check for the five dollars. DO NOT CASH THIS CHECK! The DMV does not report the offence to the insurance until the case is closed! Eat the five and slow down...
Old 12-16-1998, 10:25 PM
Grant

Default Except here....

..in the UK.<p>Each ticket gets you a minimum of 3 points. 10 points in a rolling 3 years and it's goodbye license for 6 months.<p>Once you're over 6 points, most insurance companies will hike their rates.<p>Exceed the speed limit by more than 30mph, and it's usually goodbye license immediately for a couple of weeks.<p><p>Grant<br>97 1.8SE Avant<br>3 points so far....
Old 12-16-1998, 10:49 PM
Conspiracy Theorist

Default Leave the country while you can

<br>
Old 12-17-1998, 01:08 AM
Randy Welch

Default Re: Here's what I learned in traffic court last month... (long)

Acutally it's the judges discretion on traffic school or not. If the judge says "SCHOOL" that's what counts, even if it has been less than 18 months.<p>Learned that in traffic school....<p>-randy<br>
Old 12-17-1998, 04:00 AM
Jon C

Default I agree with your premise, but I'm not sure it applies to the facts here...

our friend was doing 95 at night. Now, unless you have driving lights from Mars, at that speed you are overdriving your headlights' ability to light your way by a longshot (on many cars you're overdriving your headlights' ability at 80 or even 70).<p>So in this case, 2 night tickets for 80 and 95, I do see a safety issue. I'm no traffic police, I'm a former traffic court defense attorney and judge, and I've done over 1,000 miles of high performance driver training with the Porsche Club: I love to go fast, but in the right conditions. I'm not sure these were the right conditions.<p>But I agree with your basic point: our system is primarily designed to bring in revenue to insurance companies and municipal/county governments, while ignoring many totally incompetent or dangerous drivers.

Quick Reply: 2 SPEEDING TICKETS IN 1 MONTH 95mph & 80mph ADVICE PLEASE!!