A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2000 Quote from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-1999, 02:53 PM
Steph

Default 2000 Quote from dealer

I went to the dealer today (Carounsel, MN). I was told the best deal I could get on a 1.8T QMS was about 1500$ under MSRP. Anyone can comment on this? Anyone got a better deal? I m ready to order!! Thanks for all the great info!<p>Steph
Old 07-24-1999, 03:20 PM
Scott G

Re: If my memory serves me this is about a $2000 dealer profit. I would shop a little more to get $1000-$1500 over invoice.
Old 07-24-1999, 03:32 PM
Paul

Default Re: 2000 Quote from dealer

A dealer in Oaklahoma city offered me a 2.8QTS for $500 above invoice. Another in Dallas would go as far as $850 above invoice for a 2.8QMS with the same options. In the end neither had the colour combination I was looking for.<p>Now I will probably buy the MY2000 S4 instead. I don't feel any loyalty to a particular dealer and will buy from any dealer in the country that can deliver. I simply want the best service and price.<p>Check out the following site on seansA4page. Some people post their buy price together with options and the dealer they bought from. I don't know if all the data is accurate but a lot of it seems to be realistic.
Old 07-24-1999, 05:09 PM
Stoney

Default I suggest you think in terms of invoice and percent profit ...

... and you will have a better understanding. I have found that the less-in-demand models can be had for 3% above invoice in many cases. Premium cars like the A6 2.7T or 4.2 and the S4 will cost more (some dealers insist on MSRP at this point, but will come down when the cars start spending time on the lot, perhaps by year's end). TT cars are at even more of a premium, but I'd not pay more than MSRP even for one... I'd just wait and shop. <p>Any of the various car web sites can give you the invoice cost of base plus the options you are interested in. They also state MSRP, so you can do calculations. <p>Or, use a car buying service like CarOrder.com to see what the invoice and MSRP are, and also view their selling price... although I cannot comment on the reliability or even viability of that company (don't know). They quote the rock-bottom prices, but can they deliver? Personally, I'd consider paying a dealer 3% for the face-to-face service, even if CarOrder.com can deliver.
Old 07-24-1999, 09:37 PM
John

Default Re: 2000 Quote from dealer

The two Twin Cities dealerships for Audi are Carousel Automobiles in Golden Valley, and Maplewood Imports in Maplewood. They are both owned by the same family and so basically there is no competition for Audi business in the Twin Cities. In all fairness, they both provide excellent customer service, but obviously aren't going to compete with each other.<p>I can tell you from personal experience (I am personal friends with one of their former sales people) that this is about as good as you will get.<p>Your only option is to buy outside of the area you live in. You MAY be able to save some money, but in my opinion, it won't be worth the hassle in the long run.
Old 07-26-1999, 06:03 AM
Bonnie

Default AAA

If you have AAA, they will direct you to a local dealer at a set 3-1/2% over invoice. Someone on this forum wrote about in a short while ago, and I called them, and it is true. So far, that it the best deal I could get in the NE.