A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2nd gear pull@12 PSI.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obviously you have...

Why do you care so much about what TighTT does to his car or what WHP #'s he produces? Answer that one question. No one ever tried to discredit anything you have done on the racetrack or with your car. But every time Adam posts up ANY information about his car you immediately jump in on the conversation and insult him, his car, or those that built it. Why? Insecurity, that's why. He didn't build his car to try and take your title. He built for the thrill of doing it, and because he wanted to. Whatever the reason, or however he chooses to approach the build, it's his car and his money, so leave it alone.
I mean really, why do you care if he takes 10 years to break in his motor or blows it up 15 times, or changes turbos every week? Really, why? Does it affect your life or take anything away from you? No. So leave it alone, grow up, and just avoid his posts since you know what they all lead to. I figured it out...it's because you enjoy the attention. Each time someone even remotely attempts to boast about their build is just one more opportunity for you to remind everyone how great you and your car are.
Or wait, here's another option...since you're so damn experienced, why don't you actually try giving some constructive criticism instead of talking down to people all the time?

Oh and by the way, thanks for the clicks on the website. It's nice to know I have a new fan. When you can produce over 24 hours of automotive music videos or sell well over 5000 copies of a 60 minute full-length DVD, then you can use that as some sort of "stab". Who knows, maybe if you weren't such a jerk, we'd try to film your car someday. But unfortunately for you, we tend to focus on member's of the community who haven't lost sight of why we all share a common enthusiasm, not those who are in constant competition with their peers. Sorry.
Oh, p.s. stop PM'ing people on AZ asking people for info about Adam's car if you really don't care about it. Know that saying "the walls have ears"? Well so does the WWW.

-Tom
Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default First person to figure out where this thread got ugly wins a brand new carbon fibre..

I think anytime people start getting personal it gets bad. I have certainly made that mistake before!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Xel

Default right here:

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2761435.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2761435.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 12-06-2007, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Bottom line Cage = Helmet Or Cage + no Helmet = Concussion or worse
Old 12-06-2007, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Does the same theory appy with a rollbar?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not if you keep the rollbar confined to the area well behind your head

Altho as Mike said having a good seat and the right padding are worth doing even if bar isnt close to head. I drove a friends car will a cage from the grid to the trailer once w/o putting on a helmet, hit a speedbump and saw stars, at all of 5 miles per hour, and he had a good seat and padding. You may drive for awhile without problems, but eventually you will run into them.

I am going to look into making a bar (hopefully) that will allow me to go to 11's on a strip, and stiffen the car a little more for the track. If I find this can be done are you interested. I would be more interested iin doing a full tube frame car than installing a cage. I have a cousin who owns Gambler Chassis in Nashville, I may pursue that at some point, if I dont give up. I still want a Porsche Cayanne S with a Mahle 3.8 stroker kit and 400 NA hp in it. God would that be a car!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I only ask because....

I have an Autopower bar installed in my car. It is quite far back from the front seats and I dont think it will cause any issues...but better to ask than find out the hard way. It has been installed since around march and no issues thus far....not even close. Still...Im always open to input.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I only run 750's at 3 bar and this could take me easily to 550wheel if the 30R will have enough -

I also highly recommend the Fuellabs pressure regulator, very good control, good for more fuel than can ever be pumped into a 4 banger, and a bung to run a guage. Very high quality.

Also I have 'heard' (FWIW) to be careful with the new injectors over 750cc that arent peak and hold, they havent been out long (that I know of) and no-one knows how reliable they are. You cant use the peak and hold which are better for high flow but generally suck at idle with Motronic without some type of interface to a seperate controller.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Could you pls. e-mail me some info or a link on it? How far can you go in NHRA w/it?

I am pretty sure that 10 sec. throws you into a cage but dont know how fast you can go with a bar?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

YGM!

Quick Reply: 2nd gear pull@12 PSI.