A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

96 A4 2.6 No Injector Pulse

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 A4 2.6 No Injector Pulse

I have a 96 Audi A4 2.6 Engine Code ABC, Engine Cranks begins to fire and then just continues cranking. Fuel Pump is Ok and has correct fuel pressure, Spark is good, engine will run on Aerostart and will continue to keep running while you continue to spray Aerostart into the induction tube. Noid lights detect initial brief injector pulse and then nothing. No Injector pulse while cranking. Injectors have power at all times, return circuits from injectors back to the ECU are all good. What have I missed and what could be the possible cause for this problem. Thanks Jon.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default What was the problem?????!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JonVaupel
I have a 96 Audi A4 2.6 Engine Code ABC, Engine Cranks begins to fire and then just continues cranking. Fuel Pump is Ok and has correct fuel pressure, Spark is good, engine will run on Aerostart and will continue to keep running while you continue to spray Aerostart into the induction tube. Noid lights detect initial brief injector pulse and then nothing. No Injector pulse while cranking. Injectors have power at all times, return circuits from injectors back to the ECU are all good. What have I missed and what could be the possible cause for this problem. Thanks Jon.

I got the same problem with my 2004 a4 Quattro
Old 01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

Your 2004 is a B6 model. Try that forum for a better chance at help.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I looked in every forum

Originally Posted by JonVaupel
Well thank you for the reply I did try those forums and anything I could find didn't describe it nearly as clearly as yours did You have the exact problem as me or had anyway.. The only thing I can think of now is maybe my injectors are bad... They can't really be a problem with the security I think because my alarm sets and dis-arms....

Sent from my iPad
Old 01-14-2013, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I replaced the fuel pump And filter, replaced The pressure release valve on the fuel rail because It started to leak... I put it on the computer and it read injector one when I looked at the wires they were both cracked... I fixed the wires reconnected them with heat shrink tubing.... Now the injector Harness has power like it's supposed to but still fuel pressure Is there an spark..I Then replaced that relay You know the J17 relay I've got nothing left now my new fuel pump is starting to hummm And buzzzzz... I'm losing my mind... Thanks for your fast response before