A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ABS comes on & Brack light blinks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS comes on & Brack light blinks...

And then it goes away after beeping that low fuel beep a couple of times. Sometimes the two lights will stay on for a couple of seconds and sometimes i stare at it for a couple of minutes before they go away. Just another wonderful little bug in my already bug infested car. Now since I have l33t driving skillz I'm not too worried about the ABS, but i would like to verify that when I press the brake pedal the car will actually stop. I would really hate for the ABS to say "I'm messed up so I think you're skidding and am releasing the brakes" and my foot is saying "Stoplight getting closer, pressing brake. Why is pedal all the way to the floor? Why is it pulsing? Why didn't the brain fix the ABS? Goodbye cruel world." Brake failure is never fun to experience and I don't have enough sole on my tennis shoes to use the Flinstone method of braking at the present time. Is Nike selling carbon-carbon driving shoes yet?

Any ideas? Oh and I'm broke so if anything costs money then I'm gonna have to strike a match and collect if ya know what I mean. Just kidding Progressive...

DD

P.S. Does anyone else's car hate their wife? As soon as my wife gets in the driver's seat the Check Engine light comes on. After I get in it the car takes couple of days to be convinced that it IS me, master, and then the light goes out. I have thoroughly grilled my lovely to see OMFG WTF are you doing to my POS car, and she say she drives for like 2 blocks and the light comes on. I ask "WTF are j00 flooring it out of the driveway?" and she's like "OMFG NO! I'm driving it slowly. You're car totally sux0rz." My explanation: Cars talk. My wife has TOTALLED 4 cars (her fault EVERY time) and I think my car is scared ****less of her. Other than that I have no idea.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default The brakes WILL work fine with the ABS computer flaking out..

why it seems all of a sudden we are seeing a huge rash of this problem is beyond me, but I wish Audi would step up on this one.. its not like any of us have done anything to cause the ABS computers to just die...
Old 02-07-2005, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

brakes will work fine. i dorve w/ a fried abs computer for several months.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah it seems like they designed the system to fail around the same times. I've got the mild version

of the ABS light going on. I've got an intermittent ABS sensor DTC for my driver side front. I'll take a look at it the next time I remove the wheel. I hope it's just a loose connection or dirty sensor.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe if everybody sends or calls aoa they would recall?

Not sure how many people it usually takes for that kinda of thing but b/w here, az, and clubb5 there is a ton of people with this problem
Old 02-07-2005, 07:33 AM

I'm in!
Old 02-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Head Cat Herder

Default You know it's your computer when you get the error related to communication with the dash..

I forget the exact verbiage.. eventually, it just dies.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Head Cat Herder

Yeah, basically any VW/Audi with that computer is going to have issues eventually.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

We could set up like a group buy type deal except it would be a group recall demand
Old 02-07-2005, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd be willing to participate.

Quick Reply: ABS comes on & Brack light blinks...