A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Addendum to audio post below...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-1999, 12:52 AM
larryV

Default Addendum to audio post below...

Bottomline, is it stupid of me to ditch the donut spare for some good bass? I mean, isn't that what roadside assistance is for? Besides, I'd rather call roadside than stick that dinky looking donut spare... if I had the MY2K's full size alloy spare... maybe it'd be a different story.
I guess I just like the idea of putting a 12" nose-bleeder in place of a lame-*** donut so I'm looking for someone to agree with me.
Old 12-05-1999, 09:10 AM
Foo

Default Been there...done that...my opinion

I have a fiberglass enclosure in my Integra currently. I paid alot more than what they are charging you for it, so investigate how many layers of glass they are going to use, more is better... but in general driving sense, i have never needed my spare (fortunately) and the install looks nice (u can see pics of my enclosure at http://www.car-audio.net/users/train/index.html the bottom pic is my enclosure pulled out)
In terms of only doing ONE sub though i agree with everyone hear on the board... get a small box or a custom enclosure formed on one side of the trunk so u can keep the spare or pull the box out if need be. Having done all the work to my integra i can honestly say i wouldnt go without my spare again. Just my 2 cents.

Darren
`00 A4 wanted bad (week 49)
`91 Integra IASCA competitor (check me out Jan 2000 Car Audio & Electronics on shelves now)
Old 12-05-1999, 09:52 AM
Another Drew

Default If you're looking for quality bass then

the 10" sub will be more than enough. I was a little worried before I bought mine that I wouldn't have enough, but it's more than I need. If you're looking to have nothing but bass loud enough for people blocks around to be able to hear you, then that 10" might not do. I can easily adjust my 10" to be TOO much and TOO loud to the point where it totally drowns out all the other range. If you haven't checked your previous post, I just put another reply there.

Darren, if you read this, congrats on the writeup!! I'm going to check out the mag later today.