A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

After 2 years, I've succumbed to the Dark Side! (more)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-1999, 05:44 AM
Seth H.

Default After 2 years, I've succumbed to the Dark Side! (more)

After two years of ownership of my A4, I've given in to the urge of getting an M3. I've loved the looks and feel of this car since '95, but just finally decided to do it. Before I go, I want to thank everyone on the forum for all of their help, and past suggestions. (I think the armrest coinholder may have been a major selling point in my car! Maybe not.) I think that an A4.org advertisement should be included with the documentation of all new A4s. On this forum I've learned more about my car than I have ever heard from my Dealer or Service Manager, and I've even learned the truth in a few instances where they have been flat out lying to me. Thanks again. I'm going to miss you guys.<br> Seth Horwitz
Old 03-24-1999, 06:10 AM
Andy Hedin

Seth, Best of luck with your M3...it is a great car!
Old 03-24-1999, 06:26 AM
MSM

Default You've got a great car!!! Enjoy....(more)

Seth:<p>The M3 is an all out fantastic Car. Anyone who says otherwise is just being ignorant.<br>If I didn't need the room of my Avant and the quattro to deal with the snow, I'd be driving<br>one too!!!!! Not all great cars have 4 interlocking rings on the grill. <br>Quite a few have blue and white propellers and you've got one of hte best.<br>Enjoy.<br>Mark<br>p/s I couldnt agree more with you A4.org comments. Jason and co. are to be highly commended.
Old 03-24-1999, 06:27 AM
Tony

Default The M3 will be redesigned shortly, Please waitl.

The Current M3 is a very nice car, but its age is definitely starting to show. The car still looks good but the front end looks dated. Why not wait a year or so for something crisper and fresher? I love the current M3 but it's starting to get a little "played". Little things like the plastic door handles in the interior turn me off. You will be taking a big step backwards in everything but Performance. <br> <br>Even though The M3 has been in America since 95, its been in Europe from 93(6 years). Out with the old, and in with the new, The current M3 is past its life cycle. Just my opinion. <p>
Old 03-24-1999, 06:37 AM
Drew

I agree. The coupe is due in June/July. M3 is shortly after.
Old 03-24-1999, 06:56 AM
mg

Default It's such a refreshing change to see mature responses to this type of post!! (eom)

nt<br>
Old 03-24-1999, 07:01 AM
kjk

Default It may be a matter of $$.

Many BMW owners, and especially the enthusiasts, can't afford to buy their Bimmers new. The first of the new M3's will be in high demand and the dealers aren't going to offer discounts off sugg. retail and will likely get premiums. It is likely the car will be well over $40k. Most BMW's are 4-6 years ahead of the competition (especially with regard to the M3, everyone else is just now releasing competitors) and I am sure he will enjoy the car. If he likes the way it looks, who cares if someone else thinks it dated. <p>kjk 91 M5<p>P.S. One reason to wait may be that the new M3 will come with the Euro engine--six throttle bodies like a real M car.
Old 03-24-1999, 07:20 AM
Ian W

Default All postitive responses...wonderful, indeed!

Congratulations Seth! The M3 is an awesone automobile. Can't wait to see that the S4 will be like though?
Old 03-24-1999, 08:21 AM
Vic O

Default Re: After 2 years, I've succumbed to the Dark Side! (more)

I agree with waiting... this fall (Sept/Oct) the M3 should also get the E46 body.<br>
Old 03-24-1999, 01:06 PM
Seth H.

Not the money. I think the spy photos of the new one look like a civic.

Quick Reply: After 2 years, I've succumbed to the Dark Side! (more)