A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Aftermarket Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jnashusarmy
What would I have to do put a turbo on it?
Please just change the oil, do your other maintenance, and drive the car.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnashusarmy
What would I have to do put a turbo on it?
Have about $5000 in your bank account.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

Its not so simple as you seem to think. Check out the Audi 2.7T turbo V6 for how they did it; sure there are other ways, but the V6 A4 just doesn't have much room for anything else. But that's beside the point. If you had to have AudiMick tell you that your own car didn't have a turbo, then you are a long way from being able to handle that kind of project.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody had to tell me that, I'm just not familiar with the Audis. I've owned numerous cars, never an Audi. The car is pretty quick as it is and yes there's not alot of room under the hood. Turbocharging the car is optionable and I know how turbos work and how to do the work b/c I was a diesel mechanic for almost 15 years before going into the military. Not being a smartelic or anything, just trying to boost the car's performance a little. If I decide not to turbo the car what are my other options? I'm not worried about the cost, as this is a super clean car with low miles and plan on keeping it for a while. Any help would be nice, thanks.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There is a supercharger kit, your best bet. Other than that, you can't improve acceleration performance much.
There is always suspension and breaks to improve.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

You have the same basic car as I do, and there isn't much extra that you can get out of it without major mods. It's not a complete turkey, has over 1HP/cubic inch as it is, but you should ask about mods on the AudiWorld 12v V6 engine forum. One thing reputed to help is matching the intake manifold runners to the intake ports, which looks awful in some photos. The guys who have done that and port/polish claim a nice improvement.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
There is a supercharger kit, your best bet. Other than that, you can't improve acceleration performance much.
I'm planning on dropping the car. How low should I go with it? It has factory 18's from a 2003. And whats the best brake application?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Look, you are an auto mechanic, been working on diesels for 15 years. You should know a thing or two about cars, yet you are asking basic questions that some 18-year old asks. No insult meant, but that's the way it is.

What do you want to achieve out of your car?

What type of look?

And finally, do your own research. Go to tirerack.com and look up their suspension products. Compare products from different manufacturers, see what each one does.

Then search these forums. I do, every single time I have a question. If my question is not answered, then I open a new thread.

I mean, the fact you didn't know your car has a turbo tells me you don't investigate on your own in the slightest. Asking basic questions on the forum is simply a waste of time for the members, and especially for questions that have been asked a million times, an whee there is no right or wrong answer, but depends on what YOU want.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

There is no s/c for the 12v 2.8 - need a 98.5 engine or later.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Look, you are an auto mechanic, been working on diesels for 15 years. You should know a thing or two about cars, yet you are asking basic questions that some 18-year old asks. No insult meant, but that's the way it is.

What do you want to achieve out of your car?

What type of look?

And finally, do your own research. Go to tirerack.com and look up their suspension products. Compare products from different manufacturers, see what each one does.

Then search these forums. I do, every single time I have a question. If my question is not answered, then I open a new thread.

I mean, the fact you didn't know your car has a turbo tells me you don't investigate on your own in the slightest. Asking basic questions on the forum is simply a waste of time for the members, and especially for questions that have been asked a million times, an whee there is no right or wrong answer, but depends on what YOU want.
+1