A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Are all German cars as unreliable as Audi???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't judge an entire countries auto industry by your experiences with one car.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:06 PM

Default I will still take a car designed with the Autobahn in mind over anything else

Reliability is a direct consequence of how you maintain and treat your car. My family has used Cadillac's, BMW's, Honda's, and Audi's with less problems than most.

As for personal experience, my Civic had more failures than my Audi for the most part, but cost to maintain my Audi could probably buy myself a Civic.

If you want to go German, prepare to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to maintain and repair, but you get unmatched performance and driving pleasure in return. As one SCC editor noted (something like), "...for the Germans, going fast comfortably is as important as going fast at all..."
Old 07-28-2004, 06:10 PM

Default all man made machines will inevitably incur design flaws

be it intentional design flaws or accidental, they are inevitable... also all man made machines will inevitably fail or cease to function in their intended manner. German cars are of no exception.

ALL automobiles have problems a 6 year old machine is going to wear.

why do people seem to think audi or vw or other cars are unreliable... well because they are expensive to fix, we charge $90+ an hour at the dealership to fix em... and parts are bloody expensive too.

Japanese car parts are frequently less expensive and they produce a lot more of those japanese cookie cutter cars than of german cars... also and importantly japanese cars frequently are less complex, why? because they expect the cars to be bought by the less affluent and serviced by joe schmoe garage with basic tools. German car mfgs like their special tools and love their $50K computers that every dealership must buy to perform rudimentary tasks. You really arent supposed to work on your own audi or VW. The people on this website are the exception to the rule... we work on, tune and improve upon what audi/vw came up with to appeal to people with a particular amount of $$$ to spend per month on transportation.

If you cant afford the car then its not for you. Cars are like pets, dont get one that you cant take care of properly... because inevitably it will come back to fvck you.

I spend a good chunk of change on my 96 A4... I could actually be buying or leasing a 04 A4 for what I spend... however I'm not particularly moved by the current A4... and the S4 is out of my price range. I also like having a car I OWN rather than am paying off... and my insurance is $155 a month for full coverage. For me that works.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Elder Member

Eh, I think American Cars are for people who get off on HP figures.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:13 PM

Default I kinda like my car to fight back a lil when I'm driving it

my porsche did a good job of just that... It beat me up while I drove it... I guess I like it kinda rough huh?? LOL!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:15 PM

Default brazil too

the ones that have the 9vw are brazil iirc and 3vw is mexico Wvw is germany.

WAU is audi made in germany
TRU is audi made in hungary
Old 07-28-2004, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Your pets do what to you?

perve..lol
Old 07-28-2004, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

And drink crappy beer
Old 07-28-2004, 06:18 PM

Default you know full well what I meant....

and now NO PARTS FOR YOU!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol, I though you'd be impressed that I read that far.

pet humper

Quick Reply: Are all German cars as unreliable as Audi???