A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Anybody here get their car serviced at Fathers & Sons in West Springfield, MA? ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-1999, 02:06 PM
StevenN

Default Anybody here get their car serviced at Fathers & Sons in West Springfield, MA? ....

I'm interested in opinions on how you like (or dislike) the service at Fathers & Sons. I may trade in my old A4 for a new one, and am trying to decide whether or not to buy my car at F&S or Hoffman Audi in East Hartford, Conn.

StevenN '96 2.8qm Emerald Green
Old 08-21-1999, 03:32 PM
Vijay

Default Re: Anybody here get their car serviced at Fathers & Sons in West Springfield, MA? ....

I live in Northampton, MA, and made the trip down to Hoffman for 2 Audi's. Don't do business at Fathers & Scums. They think they have a monopoly in the region and will treat you that way.
Old 08-21-1999, 05:12 PM
Arch57

Hoffman has been very good to me so far, ask for Brian
Old 08-21-1999, 09:58 PM
Kent D

Default They've treated me very well...

I just purchased a 99.5 at Fathers & Sons in March, and I've been happy with both the sales and service. They have a reputation for being arrogant, but informed as I was with information I got from this and other sites, I had absolutely no problems. I've heard bad things about Hoffman's service, so I never even bothered stopping there.

If you stop, ask for Mark Kay.

Of course, I may be biased, as I live in West Springfield ;-)

Kent
99.5 1.8TQMS, APR, Mintex, Remus, V1
Old 08-22-1999, 08:22 AM
NOLTOM

Default Re: Anybody here get their car serviced at Fathers & Sons in West Springfield, MA? ....

Anybody here get their car serviced at VALENTI in
WATERTOWN CT ?
Old 08-22-1999, 11:24 PM
The Baron

I live in CT and went to Hoffman's first when I was buying my A4. It took me about an hour to get a salesman to talk to me. Then he took me out on a test drive, in the rain, with a A4 without wiper blades. Since I had demolished my previous car I needed an A4 off the lot. They had nothing in stock that remotely resembled what I wanted. I asked the salesman if he might be able to call around to see if he could find one for me. He said fine and gave me a price for the A4 equipped the way I wanted it. I never heard from him again. I then went to Fathers and Sons. I was waited on immediately by a very knowledgable and freindly salesman, Mark Kay. They had two A4's similiar to what I wanted and their price was $1000.00 less then Hoffman's. Please keep in mind that when I went there the Audi dealership was in the same building as their Ford dealership. They have now built a new building dedicated to Audi, they might be better.

Service at Fathers and Sons has not been quite as good. Nothing major, but at my first service I had called about a week earlier to make the appointment and to order a set of mud flaps. The flaps were supposed to be installed during the service. When I came in for the service nobody had ordered the flaps. When I picked up my car I noticed (about halfway home) that the speedometer was not working (it was fine when I brought it in). I brought it back and they did fix it right away. My second service was fine. They even got all the brake dust off my wheels which I hadn't been able to do.