A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Anyone have any experience with either Barrier or University Audi service Dept.'s in Seattle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought my car at Roger Jobs in March but haven't tried their service department yet....

Roger Jobs' sales department is top notch, IMO. I live in Redmond but went to Bellingham to buy the car because the poor way I was treated by the sales reps at both Barrier and University. Not only did I get a better price up there but saved around $200 in sales tax (Whatcom county's sales tax rate is 7.9% compared to King county's 8.6%).

Rojer Jobs' facilities are brand new and their service department looked impressive. They're located at 2200 Iowa Street at the far east end of Bellingham's auto row. They also service VW and Jeeps though. When I eventually need service or warranty work, I'm wondering whether to suffer the inconvenience in taking it back to them or not. It's still over 3 hours of travel time round trip so I'll have to really think about it if the two local Seattle area dealership's service departments have such a bad reputation. I know that they told me at Barrier that you have to schedule your service appointments two months in advance... sheesh!

A humorous sidenote: my salesman told me that if the car has to be kept overnight for repairs that I'd get a Jeep Cherokee as a loaner! *cringes* ...you have the tendency to get the feeling that you'll be treated better at the service department at the dealership where you bought the car but I know that it isn't necessarily true (especially if what they give you as a loaner is any indication... lol).

Please post your experiences at Roger Jobs if you decide to go there. Thanx!<ul><li><a href="http://www.rogerjobs.com/index.html">http://www.rogerjobs.com/index.html</a</li></ul>