A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Anyone have experience with Vastec HID bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with Vastec HID bulbs

I'm crusing svulights.com as I've heard that they sell reasonably prices HID kits. Indeed they appear to but to get anything higher than 4100K they only offer H7 applications with Vastec bulbs. They offer 1 year warranty on the bulbs which is somewhat reassuring. Just wondering how these might compare to a Misterjung kit where the bulbs seems to be somewhat of a mystery. I'd love to get HID's but would like to do it as inexpensively as possible...without being disappointed.

Damn I wish I hadn't missed out on the group buy from SPP.

andy
Old 02-28-2003, 06:00 AM

Default VasalineTec

Well the number of lumens per watt on HID is much much higher than on Halogen of any sort.

VasTec, that sounds like another crap name, I would stay away from no name bulbs. Get some of the european Silver Star bulbs from Osram. Thats if you are sticking with halogen. You will have to import them from the UK, about $40 for a pair of H7 with shipping.

-Phil
Old 02-28-2003, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default NO NO I'm talking real HID D2S bulbs.....

They can be found on suvlights.com...they offer complete retrofit kits similar to everyone else...they offer Phyllips bulbs but the only H7 that is offered is 4100K, if you want a higher heat temperature you have to get the Vastec bulbs...just wondering if anyone has experience or if I should just go with Misterjung. I know neither are top quality but neither is mu budget right now.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:32 AM

Default Hmmmm.....

sorry about the confusion.

D2S is a different mount than H7 is it not?

I know there are 2 different types of capsules D2S and D2R the R has a small glove on it, other than that the actual capsule is the same.

Having the correct bases for mounting the capsules in the housings is very important because otherwise the light wont be focused correctly.

if you were not already aware, the higher the color temp the more purple/violet you will go.

4100K is the most useful color temp from what I've read thus far. I would stick with 6000K as a color temp.

-Phil
Old 02-28-2003, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the info..This whole light decision is almost as bad as picking wheels
Old 02-28-2003, 07:17 AM

Default I use their halogen H7 ion bulb for 3yrs. They're a huge mfr, that mfr bulbs for smaller companys...

such as PIAA and RAZO.