A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

anyone valet their car yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone valet their car yet?

I am kinda freaked out about valeting my car. I know we have an alternate plastic key--but if they are in the car they can still get into the trunk. I dunno--anyone go through this yet? I am about to get one of my other friends to drive.

I am also tempted to test out the speed limiter--getting visions of ferris bueller's day off! (I know our cars arent rare ferrari's, but cmon!)
Old 07-18-2003, 09:09 AM

Relax.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:11 AM

Default The one time my car was valeted the guy stalled it twice.

I don't let other people drive my car.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default speed limiter? and btw, what is your specific concern of valeting? at first...

i thought it was you were worried they would rag on the car. it actually sounds as if you are worried they will thieve you.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default funny story..

after my gf's car got broken into she needed to take it to a meeting, so I worked from home that day and she just took the car. so the night before i'm like... we should go somewhere so you can get used to how the car handles now (after dumping all the crap i have into it).

so of course I've parked on a really steep incline on one of our lots. So she backs out no problem. Goes to pull up the hill, stalls it. After she stalls it, she's got her foot halfway on the brake so the car starts rolling way down the hill. So while i'm screaming to slam on the brake, she's like "i am!" so i yank the ebrake, car stops. I try to calmly explain that she needs to feather out the clutch while giving it a little bit more gas, she's like okay i got it!

She lets out the clutch halfway, stomps the gas to redline, and I just see smoke billowing out of the clutch as I'm screaming "stop!!!!!" she's like "why are you yelling at me?!" Yank the ebrake, "get out, I'm driving"

She drove it fine after I had gotten it out on the road for a while, but the whole next day I was sweating bullets expecting a phone call saying "uhh... i was at a red light on this hill..."
Old 07-18-2003, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL
Old 07-18-2003, 09:20 AM

Default do you have the stock clutch?

The Kia probably engages completely different than the audi. Most people have a lot of trouble with the high engagement point of my clutch, but I think it's the easiest thing in the world to drive.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:21 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

He probably wasn't used to your dainty clutch.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:22 AM

Default ur serious? i hate the high engagement point...

after driving my other car around i have issues with the audi clutch =(. 1. it's way too soft 2. even though i know it engages high, it takes me a few seconds to get used to it again.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: anyone valet their car yet?

I'm a valet and I don't understand why people freak out about valets driving their car. We take care of the cars as if they were our own. As for stealing something out of someones car, it's not worth it loosing our job over it since we get paid good (it's not something I want to do for life, but it's one of the best paying jobs while in school), and Valets park 40-50 cars on average per shift so there's no time to go through peoples trunks and glove boxes. If you have special requests (to be up front in a nice space etc.), tip the valet when you arrive. In this business money talks, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: anyone valet their car yet?